1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Are Your Thoughts On This?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

As A. W. Tozer had said many times, it is sad when the phew tell the pulpit what to preach. A pastor which allows that is worried about a pay check more than being truthful to his calling?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys, I would just leave this member alone. She's one of those who can't bear for anyone to question what she says - on any topic. She's the perpetual victim and anyone who suggests that she might be wrong is a bully.

Matt22:37-39 - You sent me a private message asking me to edit some of your work and saying that people have always called you literate and articulate.

I told you that no one here was attacking you personally and you ignored that, saying how "gracious" you are "more than most".

You have shown a lack of grace here. (And I know you don't mind me quoting from a private message because you have previously quoted an entire private message from someone who couldn't praise you enough - wanting us to see how wonderful you are.)

When someone disagrees with you and questions you, it is not personal!! THIS post that I am making is personal! See the difference?

Sister, you are either a troll or a very immature-in-the-faith member who can only tell the rest of us your opinions and cannot handle someone who has a different opinion.

GET A BLOG! You can tell the rest of the world all day long your version of the truth as you see it and no one will question you.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Thanks!!! I believe you could be correct.

4. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

And yet pastors are not infalible and the members must hold the pastors accountable. If you think you have an infallible human authority on earth, then your place is the Catholic church.

The abuse in churches can come from any member. Those in the pew and those in authority. It can come from those in the pew trying to wrongly assert authority, or to try to get out from under authority, or to justify their wrong-doings, or for other reasons.

The same kinds of things can happen with the leadership. Leadership has a certain degree of authority over the church members, but it is not to be a dictatorship. The New Testament epistles warn of false teachers, and Christ warned of the hireling. If a pastor becomes a false teacher, or hireling, it is the responsibility of the church members to prayerfully, humbly, and biblically deal with the problem.

5. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

WHEREVER....They know that.... it is the bullies way of saving face cause they know we are right. Just the fact that one of them shared private messages from me shows how desperate the GANG is getting cause they can't handle the truth...:laugh:

Check this out https://www.google.com/search?q=spi...796,d.cGE&fp=7bfa033871245053&biw=800&bih=452

Under Much Grace
    undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/
    Mar 9, 2013 – Discussing spiritual abuse in Evangelical Christianity. ... just those who endured problems within the Independent Fundamental Baptist system. ..... Will he go to the pastor and demand that some formal disciplinary action be ...

Independent Fundamental Baptists, Jack Schaap, Jack Hyles, and
    thepedestrianchristian.blogspot.com/.../independent-fundamental-baptists...
    Aug 3, 2012 – Speak up, Independent Fundamental Baptists, speak up! Jack Schaap spiritually and physically abused a teen in his pastoral care. That is what ...

“You're Only a Woman”: Spiritual Abuse and the Independent ...
    soulation.org/.../youre-only-a-woman-spiritual-abuse-and-the-independe...

Apr 14, 2011 – Have you ever heard pastors or ministry leaders say things like, ... Spiritual abuse grows powerful in environments of well-meaning, ... Third, the 20/20 episode points to the Independent Fundamental Baptists (IFB) as a group ...

spiritual abuse :: Fundamentally Reformed
    www.fundamentallyreformed.com/tag/spiritual-abuse/
    Archive for spiritual abuse ... ABC News' 20/20 Show Lampoons Independent Fundamental Baptists ... Churches, pastors, and others can perpetuate it. I'm sure ...

Guest Post - Exposing the Independent Fundamental Baptist
    www.heretichusband.com/2012/.../guest-post-exposing-independent.htm...

Nov 19, 2012 – Guest Post - Exposing the Independent Fundamental Baptist ... earlier, my sister's own former pastor Jack Schaap plead guilty to sexual abuse.
    Call It What It Is: It's Not Adultery. It's Abuse. - The Christian Post
    www.christianpost.com/.../call-it-what-it-is-its-not-adultery-its-abuse-794...

Aug 4, 2012 – Speak up, Independent Fundamental Baptists, speak up! Jack Schaap spiritually and physically abused a teen in his pastoral care. That is what ...

BEWARE of ABUSIVE PASTORS
    www.rubysemporium.org/sa_abusive_pastor.html
    The Fundamental Baptist movement, sadly, has produced a great number of .... Your angry spirit can ruin your family just as quickly as pastoral abuse can.

Baptist Deception - Spiritual Abuse - Independent Fundamental Baptist
    www.baptistdeception.com/spiritualabuse.html

Spiritual abuse is similar to emotional abuse and occurs when the leaders of a ... Pastors and other spiritual leaders become adept at using scripture to back up ... For example, leaders in the Independent Fundamental Baptist Denomination ...

Ed Stetzer - Jack Schaap Charged, Paul Chappell Speaks Out, and ...
    www.edstetzer.com/2012/09/jack-schaap-indicted-paul-chap.html

Sep 18, 2012 – Act like men and speak up, Independent Fundamental Baptists." ... Again, it was not just adultery; it was sexual abuse. ... When a spiritual leader or a church refers a fallen pastor to another church, it is fair to blame those who ...
    Ohio Church Has Child Abuser Ron Williams For Anniversary ...

chucklestravels.com/.../ohio-church-has-child-abuser-ron-williams-for-a...
    Mar 26, 2012 – According to the churches announcement Calvary Baptist Church of Lima Ohio .... Furthermore, Did you see in the HEAL Video where the pastor DENIED being a Fundamental Church. ... to over the spiritual, emotional abuse.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 N

#25 Matt22:37-39, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  6. Matt22:37-39

Hey, I welcome anyone to prove what I say is wrong...problem is they can't...and that is why they get mad and bully me...even you Scarlett are no match. You haven't been in the past and your are not now...I'm sorry God blessed me with common sense...which isn't really common any more. Yep it's tough being in the 1%.

I would love to have a nice conversation about the bible with you all....but the fact you can't handle any newcomers (like the bully link said) KNOWING more than you just ruffles your feathers huh? And a woman at that...:tongue3:

http://voices.yahoo.com/online-forum...61.html?cat=15

7. Matt22:37-39

1 Peter 5:2 is plain about that. "Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock."

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Thank you.

Matthew 7: KJB

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sister, quite frankly, I have no idea if you are right or wrong in your OP. You know why? I didn't read it because it was waaaaay too long.

I noted that when a few people asked why you posted this and post[SIZE=3]ed it somewhere else that you immediately went into victim mode and with no graciousness at all called them fat[SIZE=3], emotional[SIZE=3]-eat[SIZE=3]ing bullies and said [SIZE=3]smart remark[SIZE=3]s, like "t[SIZE=3]ruth hurts, huh."[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

[SIZE=3]Just because you[SIZE=3] or anyone else here makes an op[SIZE=3]ening s[SIZE=3]tatement doesn't make it true. Truth can b[SIZE=3]e and should be defended, justified, prote[SIZE=3]cted, and argued well.

[SIZE=3]All you are doing in "defend[SIZE=3]ing" yo[SIZE=3]ur ideas is to say that everyone who disagrees with you is a b[SIZE=3]ully[SIZE=3] and calling them names.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I didn't know I was competing with you. I'm not trying to "match" you. I'm trying to help you have a good experience here.

Sister, I have had a small handful of people say things to me here in the past 11 years that you make your toenails curl. Ridicule, mockery, lies, sexist things, and I won't even go into what a couple of bozos have said to me in private messages.

I've responded poorly in some of those few cases and even ran away with my tail between my legs and pouting once
    and I learned long ago the wise way of talking about things with others who disagree with you so that the discussions are productive.

Guess what!!!! I learned that wise way of communicating on the internet by LISTENING to other members who were compassionate enough to guide me.

I had to swallow some pride and listen more.

Would you listen to me now? No one here is bullying you when they disagree with you.

#29 Scarlett O., Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt22;37-39 -- do you condemn all Catholics because of the pedophile priests?

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scarlett O has shown herself to be a godly woman,and has helped many on BB. if you were not so full of yourself you would know.There are other godly women on BB who also could help you....and it is painfully obvious that you need a complete makeover.

I have not seen anyone here who thinks you are making sense. You need to repent of your evil speaking posts. You should apologise to Scarlett O and saturneptune for you corrupt language.

12. Matt22:37-39

:laugh::tongue3::wavey:.......................................

13. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back to the OP--the excerpts shared from the book look to be on track. Maybe I've missed something somewhere else on the board, but I don't get what the problem is with the opening posts. Someone care to enlighten me?

14. Matt22:37-39

Just your typical FORUM BULLIES...so I guess I need to repeat this.

I WROTE....
    :wavey:

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to read through the thread.

16. Matt22:37-39

wow, did you just call him stupid like he can't read?....:eek:

17. Matt22:37-39

18. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

Matt (I guess you're a lady, and not really named Matt), I liked your original post, but I humbly suggest to you that you seem to have changed over to unnecessary baiting and jousting. Please consider that it is one thing to defend the faith and yet another thing to be antagonistic. You could make some of the same points without being so snippy.

Please ask God to help you to put forth the truths you have learned in a more humble and loving manner. :love2:

By the way, I am speaking to myself, and the others who have posted here as well, for we all are flawed human beings with a carnal nature-- that can be suppressed by the Holy Spirit's moving if we allow it.

:thumbsup:

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, let's see: Matt posted a list of characteristics of "bullies." Someone posted a statement that they believe psychology has no basis from scripture; and Matt responded with "truth hurts, doesn't it?" She then posted a link to an article describing characteristics of a forum bully, to which someone responded that they felt when someone doesn't get their way, they try to make things personal; and indicated they believed Matt was acting this way. To which Matt subsequently made more posts about bullies. Scarlett then posted her opinion about Matt; to which Matt responded (to someone else) that she basically believes there's a "gang" of bullies. She then went on in another post to say that no can prove her wrong; that she's one of "the 1%" that has common sense; that she would like to be in a conversation with others, but people here can't handle "newcomers knowing more than they do."

There's more, but let's look at the opening post, shall we?
    Power-posturing -- "I'm in the 1% that has common sense"; check.
    Performance Preoccupation -- "I post a lot of these things on my Facebook page, and a LOT of people tell me they're blessed by what I write"; check.
    Paranoia -- "Everyone's bullying me"; check.
    Mis-placed loyalty-We Alone Are Right/Humiliation -- "truth hurts"; "I know more than they do"; "bullies are obese"; check.

Matthew 7 talks about hypocritical judgment--"for with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged."

I'll stop there. Y'all can make your own observations and conclusions. I thought the opening post was spot on. When the author of the opening post made the first personal attack, the thread went downhill from there.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.