1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What bothers me about Sep 11

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think you've made these comments before, POB. [​IMG]

You could always type out your answer in Word, spellcheck it, then copy and paste it here. [​IMG]

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Marcia: Oh, no, not the 2 Chron. passage again! I don't think this means God will heal the U.S. or has promised to. I think this was only meant for Israel.

God said MY PEOPLE. Are we not spiritual Jews? Are we not God's people? The promise IS for us. But it is conditional. Will America repent? Who knows. The option is always there.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Soulman...That's stretching Scripture. God's words were for ISRAEL AND JUDAH. However, God DOES have promises for those who who obey Him, regardless of nationality or race. In BC times, it meant following His written laws closely as possible, with a whole heart. Now, obedience begins with COMING TO CHRIST in submission and belief, and REPENTING of known sin.

However, if a large portion of the USA'a population was to be saved, I have no doubt that God would bless the nation as a whole, same as He blessed the Kenites who lived in Israel, who served the Lord.

As for the theme of this thread, yes, I believe God's purposes and reasons are far above ours, but we must remember, it's all for our good, even though we can't see it now.

I still believe God used our military to stop Saddam from rebuilding Babylon. The follow-up probs might be some punishment upon US.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Let's not forget that although many lost people were killed, those that were Christians, as the one above, didn't necessarily suffer and went straight to be with God. ;)

Now THAT is not something we cry about. Its the lost, that we should cry about. [​IMG]

Or better yet, use the experience to motivate us to witness, realizing that ALL life is fragile.
    [​IMG]

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

We can say what we want, but regardless of how America has treated God in the past decades (and getting worse daily); God has still blessed this country FAR more than we deserve, and He is still blessing us.

Maybe He found "ten" good Christians here and decided not to destroy it. . . (Food for thought)

6. Dale

Dale New Member

I would say he spared everyone that didn't die. God is always in control and whatever happened was completely within his plan.

We will go crazy if we think we must know why, but suffice it to say, He had a purpose in it all...when we get to heaven we will understand it.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

No, God did not say this to America. America is not "God's people!" He said this to Israel.

Even if you want to argue that Christians or the church are "spiritual Jews" that does not mean America is.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Bill,

You hit a point often overlooked in 9/11.

Had the planes hit together as planned ... had the first plane not been early ...

Many more thousands would have perished.

We all should praise God for our protection ...

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

And if that 4th plane had not been stopped by the passengers over PA, that plane would have gone on into DC towards the White House or Congress.

10. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Marcia:No, God did not say this to America. America is not "God's people!" He said this to Israel.

Even if you want to argue that Christians or the church are "spiritual Jews" that does not mean America is.

Marcia,
    I don't hold much hope for this country either. I know the verse was meant for the Jews. However, Gods' principles apply to all. If the christians in this country would pray and seek forgiveness I think it would go a long way in healing our nation. Will it happen? doubtful.

What really bothered me was what I said in my last post. People sought God by the masses. It just wasn't real. As soon as people regained their comfort level,God for the most part was tossed out again.