1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What can you tell me about New Zealand?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Ben W, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is a pity that we dont seem to have any members from New Zealand which is the neighbouring nation to Australia. In any event, I wonder what the perception of New Zealand is in the U.S?

What can you tell me about New Zealand? What springs to mind when you think of that country?

2. baptistk

baptistk New Member

Lots of rolling green hills next to the ocean is what usually comes to mind. I really can't think of anything negative. Several issues back Farm and Ranch had a diary on a couple living there which I thought was so interesting! The people sound really nice, I honestly have thought of visiting sometime.

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

I visited for a few days once. I remember the beautiful harbors, and had the overall impression that life was a bit slower.

Your comments, Ben, are interesting, I got the impression that Aussies didn't have much good to say about folks from New Zealand. :D

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

We have sporting rivalry, yet it is a love hate relationship! [​IMG]

5. Pete

Pete New Member

Would love to visit NZ one day....week....month? ;) People who have been there say the place is beautiful, photos I've seen back up their claims ;)

As for the Kiwis themselves, I used to chat with a few about 1000 years or so ago, but don't know any at the moment.

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wish I could live in Napier in the North Island in the Hawkes Bay area. It was love at first sight.

Could not live in Rotourura (is that right) the stench of sulpher is hideous.

Hope to visit South Island around Otago where my ancestors emigrated from Scotland. It is supposed to be more beautiful than the North which is almost beyond belief.

What a pity the are so many New Zealanders cluttering up this beautiful place, despite the fact most of them seem to live in Australia.lol

7. Turpius

Turpius New Member

More sheep than people, from what I've been told. And the Lord of the Rings Movie trilogy was filmed there!

8. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I understand the fishing is fantastic.
    I don't know about the cost though.

I've pretty much ruled out one Alaska trip to the tune of over $10,000 for my wife and I.

I'd love to try NZ though.

MR

9. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    new zealand looks like heaven on earth to me.... from all those absolutely breath taking photos of the scenery!!!
    Pure NZ!!! Click for The offical tourism site.

I've heard about the tranzalpine train ride that cuts through the southern alps. (And it starts at Christchurch!) It's said to be one of the most beautiful train routes in the world. Would really love to do that some day with my family....

10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

An auntie of mine went on a fishing trip off the south of South Island, had a fantastic time with great huge fishes. The sport kept her slightly warm because the breezes were straight off the Antartica, the wind sliced straight to your soul.... I can tell you straight it did NOT cost her $10 000 however.

11. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like, yah, MR... isn't $10, 000 kinda steep? :eek: