1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Did jesus mean" Upon This Rock, I Will Build my Church?"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jun 25, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You just cannot stop with the names. You might tell me if I am wrong, but this comparison is very revealing since you mentioned going to the Lake of Fire. I know of no Baptist who believes that all Catholics are lost, but there is plenty of doctrine in the RCC stating that anyone not a member of their church is headed for the Lake of Fire.

I am going to assume you are not here for the purpose of getting back at whatever members went to the Catholic board and disrupted it. That is more leeway than you give posters here.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

To the Catholics,

The Catholic Church became apostate a long time ago, and at least every century more doctrines that are false were added in a continuous matter.

It is not about finding the oldest “Christian” religion in order to get the closest to the Truth. I had at one time believed like that. That is worthless searching and discussion. However, it is about getting Jesus’ teachings from the Bible and doing what Jesus says. Jesus will reveal the truth to you if you get his teachings and do what he says. If you do that, then you are the one that loves Jesus and the Father, and then Jesus will love you and the Father and Jesus will make their home with you, you will receive the Holy Spirit.

Catholics do not obey the Word of God. Do not call any one on earth Father, for they are all brothers. How do Catholics obey that? I will tell you how I do---I do not call Christian brothers ‘father.’ Please tell me how you obey that command.

I can go on with more examples to where the Catholics go against God, but just knowing Catholics call each other ‘father,’ that should be enough to leave that denomination.

Again, do not worry about finding a denomination to join, for I have not yet found one that does not have error; however, get the Bible, obey, and then live your new life wherever you are and wherever you go.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Search for God’s Truth, and not some religion’s truth. Never give up searching for God’s Truth.

Get a Bible with a nowadays-English translation. Read what Jesus says to do, and do it, even if you do not understand why Jesus says to do it. Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Do what God says to do, if you do, He will REVEAL to you the Truth.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Despite all the blather, bluster, and blow, you can't change the indisputable fact that in the scriptures, the words presbyter/pastor/elder/bishop were synonymous terms for one and the same office. That trumps any and all conjecture or theorizing.

Oh, and I have not personally attacked you, or Catholics, and I have not bashed Catholics -- you must have missed those posts where I said I would not. So, I don't appreciate your personal attacks against me and lumping me in with all those you have a problem with. I expected better out of you, and more honesty.

#244 Michael Wrenn, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Also, my opposition to the RCC was formed while I was a Presbyterian, not a Baptist. There is a big gap between Presbyterians and the RCC. Again it is worth stating, that in my local church anyhow, there is no one who believes all Catholics are lost. However, having talked to some Catholics eye to eye who are deep into doctrine and positions of leadership, they readily admit they believe anyone who is not a member of or believes in the RCC doctrine, that they are headed for the Lake of Fire.

6. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Have you ever asked a Roman Catholic this question:

What does it mean to be saved?

If you did, do you remember the answer he/she gave?

Doesn't the RCC teach that outside of itself there is no salvation and that the RCC is the "one true Church" that Jesus founded?

"The Catholic Church believes, professes and proclaims that no one living outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but both Jews, heretics and schismatics, can become partakers of eternal life, but will go into eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels unless before the end of life they become members of it [the Catholic Church]" (Council of Florence, 1439, "The Decree for the Arminians")

IMO, a Roman Catholic who trusts in Christ alone for his/her salvation, will not remain in the Roman Catholic Church. They will "come out of her". I truly believe that a "saved" Catholic is no longer a Catholic.

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Had to go back 600 years for that quote. Maybe you should find something contemporary. Just sayin'.....

8. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Why? It really shouldn't matter what year is quoted. The RCC hasn't changed its tune, has it?

OK...if you want something more "contemporary", here you go:

The RCC continues to consider itself the one true church in its fullest expression. The Vatican Council reaffirmed this:

This is the sole Church of Christ which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic, which our Saviour, after his resurrection, entrusted to Peter's pastoral care. ... This Church, constituted and organized as a society in the present world, subsists in the Catholic Church, which is governed by the successor of Peter and by the bishops in communion with him (Vatican Council II, p. 329)

#248 Fred's Wife, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Actually, it has in this area.