1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you do if you have a problem and there seems to be no solution?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 13, 2006.

1. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Lots of nice folks pouring out their hearts for you, xdx. Lots of prayers. Don't send them away. Just listen to them.

:praying:

I have to drop out of the discussion for today. "When duty whispers low, thou must, the youth replies, I can!" (Me youth, yeah right, he he)

#41 dispen4ever, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2006
  2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What if you do nothing and continue to feel like poo?

Take. The. Medicine.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I need God! Why doesn't God make me feel better when I feel so bad? I don't understand this! The bible has sooo many promises but how do they help me if they don't become reality? Then they are just letters and not more.
    I think it's a shame when a christian needs antidepressants just like the world does, how does this make God look? :(

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can do anything He wants - He is God. But, sometimes (and maybe even often), God choses to work through people, even doctors. Following doctor's orders and taking medication isn't a lack of faith, it's a step of faith.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What SBCPrteacher said.

Take, The. Meds.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But it makes no sense. When I feel miserable and alone then God doesn't make me feel better, this means I'm alone. This is as good as having 100 invisible friends. They don't help you. If God is totally passive and doesn't do anything then basically there is no different if he exists or not. It's no freaking difference at all!

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So you come here, talk about it, and dozens of people respond, some with helpful advice, others with prayers.

Alone, you say?

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But you are not the ones who are depressed and who experience all these things. I experience them alone and I'm alone with my feelings.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi xdisciplex;

You're wrong. God doesn't want you to suffer, but we are not better than He is, that we shouldn't have to suffer.

Our being submissive is exactly what God wants. It isn't God causing our suffering. It's our attempt to have our cake and eat it to. We want to sin and not have to pay for it. Then we blame God for being such a mean God making us suffer for our sins. God isn't a dictator and He certainly doesn't see us as worms. He gave His only Son that we might have life. We are the ones who torture our selves. We are the ones who make our own lives miserable. God doesn't have to make us suffer we do a good enough job of that on our own.
    We have no peace in this life with out God. We have nothing with any real meaning with out God in our lives. We try to do right we try to obey, and all along we fail to realize that it isn't our righteousness that Counts but, the righteousness of Christ. Paul said;
    Phi 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
    Phi 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
    When I look back on my life before Salvation I see myself to proud to admit that I wasn't good enough on my own to not have to suffer for my sins. It wasn't until I realized that no matter how hard I tried I would never be good enough. By submitting to Christ and admitting that I wasn't good enough. My whole life was changed. I no longer worry about how good I am, or appear to be. It isn't my righteousness that I count on, but that of Christ. He is my strength, in my weakness. He is everything that matters to me. He is my life. I have peace with in and rest for my soul. I fear no man or thing, but God and He's my Father. What ever correction I receive from Him is always with the Love of a Father for His son, and I accept it gladly. Accepting His correction gives us so much. You talk of suffer. I would die for Him because He died for me.
    MB

10. bound

bound New Member

A lot of your comments remind me of Job. If you are unwilling to breath and get by perhaps you might find solace in Job's suffering?

God is not in a popularity contest. It's not His responsibility to make 'us' feel good. We know nothing about the cause of your current state, neither did Job or his friends. We can all sit around here and conjecture but ultimately you've sought help from a doctor and now you are refusing the aid given you by him.

This is like the story of the old man who prayed to God everyday to win the lottery for 23 years. One day the old man said to God "I've been praying to win the lottery for 23 years why won't you let me win the lottery"? Then to his surprise God answered, "How about meeting me halfway and 'buy a ticket'?"

We can't expect miraculous aid for what can be done through the mundane.

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

So now it's sin? Is everybody who has problems simply sinning too much?

12. bound

bound New Member

If you read the story of Job you would know this is not the case. Some suffering is a mystery as in the suffering which Job experienced.

Read Job. There are some very insightful observances found within it's many passages.

13. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

bound, but how does this help me?
    how does it help me when Job had a happy end? does this mean I will also have a happy end? what do I do if I simply cannot take it anymore? shall I simply rejoice that Job made it? This doesn't help me.

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yes, but you aren't the only one who feels the feelings.

Others here have felt them. Listen.

15. bound

bound New Member

It could offer you 'hope'. Sometimes 'hope' is all we have to get by. hope for another day. hope to see a better day.

It is an example of endurance and hope in the Lord, which could kindle 'hope' within you.

If you feel you can't take 'it' anymore I would highly recommend you enter into counseling with a psychologist with religious training or background.

A Baptist Web Community isn't going to have the ability to aid you in the way you are demanding. You want 'it' to just go away. Typing on this forum isn't going to do that I don't think. It would be very poor advice for any of us to suggest otherwise.

How long have you suffered from depression? Have you been to counseling? How often do you go? If you don't go, why have you not gone? Do you actually have suicidal thoughts? If you do then you should honestly take them very seriously and seek counseling now.

We can evaluate your condition so we can determine the seriousness of your condition. You'll need people near you to do that, professional people.

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Pizza, other people have been beheaded,burnt,shot in the head,raped and whatever! How does this help me?? I am not other people. I am myself and everything is relative. Some things might not be as hard for some as the are for others. I can only say that this stuff is totally dragging me down. :(

17. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I am depressed, yes. But I am not depressed for no reason. I am depressed because of real problems. This means that talking is not going to erase those real problems. I can talk all day and it still wouldn't solve my problems. Counseling helps when you are simply depressed and have problems which can be solved through talking.

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi xdisciplex;
    Sin is always the problem whether your saved or not. Sin causes unhappiness. Sin causes rebellion. Sin causes strife. Sin is generally at the bottom of depression. When I sin, I wind up being depressed about it, if I do not ask for forgiveness. Depression is misery. When we are right with God there is absolutely nothing to be depressed about. I'm only going by scripture and what you have told us. God's word has the answer whether we want to admit it or not.
    MB

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There isn't a problem that God cannot solve and as I said before the answer to your problem is in scripture.

20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Isaiah 58:
    1: Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
    2: Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
    3: Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
    4: Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
    5: Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
    6: Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
    7: Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
    8: Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
    9: Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

In other words if you were to focus on helping others instead of continually looking down at yourself, you'd be surprised how your depression would go away.

Depression comes when you constantly look down at your own problems or at other problems. I noticed you do that all the time.

Claudia

#60 Claudia_T, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2006