1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Do You Do When...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DeadMan, Dec 6, 2005.

1. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

Paul, I have to say if it were anything but the JWs, LDS or catholics, I'd probably agree with you as far my attending with her. (Joining, no. I don't give up my church family easily! Too much love where we're at to just walk away.) Not that I don't love and adore my wife, but I am the spiritual leader in my home and I'm accountible for that to God. Following her, in my eyes, into the false teachings of the RCC means I would be teaching my children those false doctrines, too. I just can't do it.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would not narrow it down that far. Anyone who has pastored has rebaptized people who came forward but only got wet later.

3. buckster75

buckster75 Member

look at it this way . both become catholic and you won't have to sit thru those business meetings anymore

4. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Deadman,

I hear you. I'm glad she saw your pastor. And I'm glad you retracted your original statement about seeing an attorney.

I know that you are the head of your wife according to Scripture. I'm praying for you. May you have God's wisdom to lead, discern, guard, protect, love and sacrifice for your wife and family.

Blessings.

5. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

GREAT NEWS ! ! !

My wife met with our pastor yesterday and she was able to resolve her issues! On a side note: She said she knew from the beginning of their talk that it must have been a "God thing" that she was talking to him about it; His doctoral thesis was on the Reformation!

Thanks for all your prayers!!!

6. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

War Eagle!

7. le bel

le bel New Member

You obviously are not aware of the *true* Church of Rome. It is anything but pretty beneath the surface. They do not teach salvation through Grace and Christ alone, it's their way or no way at all.

You'd be surprised at what you'd uncover about this universally beloved church. "Christian" pertains to those or a teaching of the acceptance of Christ by faith alone; not works, deeds, classes, rituals, ceremonies and the like.

I have only met a couple Catholics that have truly accepted Christ, according to Scripture.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I have met hundreds. I grew up Catholic, and most of my friends were Catholic thoughout college. Every one in my circle of friends was saved, and that alone was about 50 people. I'm not attempting to defend catholicism here, but to infer that there aren't many catholics who are saved Christians leans a bit towards the unrighteous side of judging.

9. le bel

le bel New Member

I have met hundreds. I grew up Catholic, and most of my friends were Catholic thoughout college. Every one in my circle of friends was saved, and that alone was about 50 people. I'm not attempting to defend catholicism here, but to infer that there aren't many catholics who are saved Christians leans a bit towards the unrighteous side of judging. </font>[/QUOTE]My statement doesn't infer that only a few Catholics are saved, it infers that I've only known of a couple that are. I was not brought up Catholic, so that would only make since, as I know very few. Members of the church can be saved like any other, the church's doctrine does not teach salvation according to the Bible.

At least, there's never been an invitation to Biblical salvation at any service I've been to.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Most churches that follow a litergical layout don't have an "invitation". It's by no means a sole indicator. OTOH, I went to a Catholic mass last Palm Sunday, and the priest invited the congregation to have a relationship with Jesus. He said it in the message, and at the end of the service before the blessing, I remember him saying "let Jesus be your friend". The words stuck with me. I don't know why, they did.

11. le bel

le bel New Member

I've asked some that I know to be Catholic if their salvation was of Christ and Him alone, most said no. Except for the two I know personally, others have said salvation is tied to works, deeds, the church and so forth.

Salvation was spoken of, but not by the way of Scripture. Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of members of the church that are truly saved. I'm not refuting that.