1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about this? (video of a healing service)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 28, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is a video of a healing service, it's in German but I think it's not important if you don't understand what the people say. The person which does the healing does a few things which I've never seen before. To me it almost looks like a show and I really don't know what to think of this stuff. There are scenes where he lets the anointing flow through his feet and eyes! It really looks like a show to me. I cannot really relate to this and somehow this stuff disturbs me but on the other hand I think that maybe I'm limiting God and trying to tell God how he is supposed to work and heal people. But can you imagine Jesus doing such things like having all sick people standing in a row and then letting the spirit flow through them? But on the other hand Jesus also spit on the ground and put mud on somebody's eyes. So maybe I simply have wrong conceptions of God and how God works. :confused:
    But if I watch this and am kind of disturbed by what I see does this mean that I don't want God? Or that I want to limit God? :eek: :(
    I hope not.

These are the interesting scenes:

8:25 (minute/second)
    9:24
    11:50
    13:19
    20:50
    22:00-24:00
    32:20 (here he lets the anointing flow through his foot)
    41:15 (here he says the anointing can also flow through the eyes! then he opens his eyes and the woman falls down)

47:00 (here he also lets the anointing flow through his feet)

I ask myself is it allowed to question such miraculous things and to be sceptical of them or does this insult the holy spirit? :confused:

Here is the video, it's around 100 megabyte.

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=WAFD9UW5

I'd really like to know what impressions you get when you watch this.

2. Pete

Pete New Member

[​IMG] Only 100mb.... [​IMG]

Sounds like Benny Hinn. Poison either way...

I've got spare bandwidth so I'll download it and try cut it into more realistic sized sections for anyone else interested.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Um, this would be cool. The only problem would be wether you're able to determine where the "interesting" scenes start and where they end. I wanted to cut the video but I do not have software which can do this. :(

As for the 100mb...
    This isn't much. You can download it in a few minutes and I guess that most people here have DSL and can download as much as they want without having to pay for it.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

When the woman with the issue of Blood Pressed in to get her healing Jesus knew someone of Faith touched him...

But, his disciples response was how can you tell, seeing people are pressing in on all sides...

And, when the four friends brought the guy to Jesus by digging through the roof it was because of the press of the crowd...

So, an orderly line is probably something to be desired?

I'll watch when I get home...

BTW: Who is te evangelist/healer?

Mike Sr.

5. SpiritualMadMan

The link keeps redirecting to a Korean Site...

Sorry didn't couldn't view...

6. SpiritualMadMan

Change the link to:

http://www.megaupload.com/en/?d=WAFD9UW5

To get the english version of the site and see the 40 second delay counter...

I also got a 'Girlie' pop-up ad when I clicked to download...

Download took about 20 min with DSL (768K service)

Sanctuary is beautiful in its plainess...

Home site is: http://www.dietaube.org/

Not being there and not being a German speaker it is hard to know what is going on...

Some things simply have to be experienced in person to be Spiritually Discerned...

However, while he did not, in the first ten minutes, pull or shove anyone over, (slain in the Spirit) he was doing some motions that struck me as "odd"...

The thought that came to mind was "psychic healer"...

(In spite of all the statements of 'The Father' and 'Jesus'.)

But, I hesitate to state so with certainty...

I might be able to get more of a clue with a good translator...

But, really the only way for *me* to know for sure is to have been in the meetings...

Again, though, the mannerism and hand motions of the first ten minutes struck me as "odd"...

Mike Sr.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hi!
    You don't have to watch it all, unless you want to. [​IMG]
    This is why I already listed the interesting scenes.
    What I thought is a bit odd is that he always says "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth". I mean usually Jesus Christ should be enough. I always become a bit suspicious when somebody adds extra stuff but maybe I'm just a bit paranoid...

8. SpiritualMadMan

As I said before...

I don't feel comfortable making a "Firm" statement one way or the other...

But, when specific things that you wouldn't normally notice keep being brought to mind...

That could be the Holy Spirit giving you a "Check"...

Think on this Scripture Passage:

Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
    Acts 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
    Acts 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
    Acts 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Two things to notice...

There were actually performing exorcisms...

They had the formula 'right'...

But, they didn't really have the 'connections' they needed...

Mike Sr.

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hi Mike!

I don't know. I mean this person is a pastor of a church as far as I know. I cannot imagine that he is not a christian. But there are things which seem strange to me. I do not think that God wants people to make a show of this like letting the anointing flow through the eyes or feet. This really reminded me of a circus.