1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Does It Mean To Be Dead In Trespasses and Sins?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Aug 2, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Yeah, it's clear to me too. They had turned their faith over to Satan, Ja. They were committed, like you are, FROM seeing the truth! There was no longer even any curiousity for the truth left.

You know "FATHER, the devil" means something, Ja. Not even you would think that someone who had gone "over the hill" would come back alive, right?

skypair

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Indeed....

As are ALL men. :)

Romans 3
    And this my friend is called dead.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

For the life of me, I do not know how anyone could just excuse this scripture. I don't see where you would need any other scripture to prove the dead in sin knew God and Glorified Him not as God?

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bro Bob,

Its not that mankind cannot know about God. The Devil knows about God. The Devil believes there is a God. Knowing about God and believing there is a God as you know is not salvation.

The Devil will never call God the Lord and King of his life, because he does not understand that he needs to. The Devil in bound to have his own way. Nature man is the same way.

Being "dead"( in my view), means that natural man does not understand their need to have God. It is the sin nature that binds them. Man cannot server two masters. Nature man loves sin to much....is controlled by sin my there own lust to have their desires that they will never chose God unless Holy Spirit steps in.

Does man have all that he needs to believe? Yes. The passage you posted says this. You could also add Heb 1 to this.

God gave mankind the truth...but
    "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God"

#24 Jarthur001, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007