1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does Ruckmannite mean?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Sister Deb, Aug 15, 2002.

1. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Ruckman did not teach me this bible doctrine.My very first pastor showed me this and he was married and had never been divorced. You are right,this debate has been going on a long time.Bro.Coley has the best teaching on this subject,by the way he has not been divorced either.
    Kevin

2. Sister Deb

Sister Deb New Member

Romans 7:2
    For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

I Cor. 7:39
    The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

I Tim 5:9
    Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man.

Matt 19:6
    Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mark 10:11
    And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

I Cor 7:11
    But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Luke 16:18
    18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Matt 1:6 …David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias; (Husband was acknowledged by God in his Word after death.)

I Tim 5:9
    Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man. (Widows were to be faithful.)

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I'd have to say the verse from 1 Corinthians 7 applies both ways....

Thanks, Deb!

4. Forever settled in heaven

i guess we've got some way towards an answer of what it takes to be a good Ruckmanite:

1. believe in KJBO doctrines.
    2. allow up to 3 living wives.
    3. give lots to missions.
    4. believe in a different gospel for the OT.

one more still kinda needs more validation fr KJBOs:

is it important for Ruckmanites to believe that South Asians (Indians, Ceylonese, etc.) are poor halfbreeds, the result of interracial marriage, which brings a divine curse in ethnic n economic ways?

5. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Forever settled, Most all of what you posted is untrue. Sis.Deb.,This is at least a two hour study on this subject.I don't know every little detail about it. If I did it would take me forever to try to explain it all.Sis.Deb,think about this,if God has called a man to preach and his wife leaves him,does he lose his call to preach?
    Kevin

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Okay, the mudslinging has gone far enough. Clean it up or I'm shutting this thread down. This is preposterous.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KEVO, pay attention. There is a huge difference between preaching and pastoring. Don't muddle the problem here by trying to blur the line.

If Ruckmann is still pastoring, then there's a problem. If all he's doing is preaching, then we should not deny him--unless it can be shown that he's preaching false doctrine(s).

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should read Romans 4... in the KJV of course.

9. Sister Deb

Sister Deb New Member

I came to this forum seeking answers to some questions I have. Being from an Atheist family I have little religious background from which to draw. I saw the term Ruckmannite mentioned and didn’t understand it so I asked. I am sadden by the course this dialog has taken. I will go ahead and answer the question Kevin asked about a mans call to preach.

Answer: All children of God are all called to spread the gospel.

We all chose whether we walk in the spirit or the flesh. Everyday. We all chose whether we lean on our own understanding or to following the Word. The Bible says I Cor 7:11 “But and if she depart,….and let not the husband put away his wife.” ……..I Tim 3:2 “ A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife”……… It was important enough for God to put these qualifications in his word so it is important to me, and not dependent on my personal situation.

My Independent Baptist husband who was from a wonderful Christian family left 6 years ago after 16 years of marriage. That didn’t change what the bible says, it is unchanging.

I Cor. 7:39 “The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth: but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will: only in the Lord.”

My faithfulness to our vows and our marriage is not conditioned on my husband faithfulness to those vows. I am the one who will stand before God for my actions, only. I have chosen to follow what the Word has told me is the proper response to my husband and that is to be faithful to him, pray for him and love him. Matt 5:44.

The JOY of the Lord is my strength.

10. Alex Mullins

Alex Mullins New Member

Sister Deb:

Peter Ruckman is the founder and President of Pensecola Bible Institute. He is very well educated, 6 years at Bob Jones University.

He is an outspoken, often arrogant man who believs strongly that God could, would and did preserve His Word, perfect in every detail for us today in our language specifically, in the Textus Receptus and all of the versions which flow out of that including the KJV 1611 and the three revisions to it since 1611.

On that issue I believe He is correct. What would God's purpose be in leaving us with 200 flawed versions of his word, one coming off the presses every six months for the past 100 years or so, each one easier to read than the one before it?

My problem with Dr Ruckman is that he does not always deliver his message in a loving way.

While he is 100% on the mark in terms of his position on the versions and perversions, his personality and zeal to present his corrct opinion can be a real turn-off.

He invite all sorts of attacks on the basis of his delivery.

It simply lends credence to the fact that satan has been successful in tinkering with the word, weakening, perverting, watering -down to the point where we, who are looking for truth, find ourselves arguing with each other and detracted from our real mission.

This issue (the versions) has absolutely nothing to do with salvation and should never have been permitted to grow to the point where it divides believers. For, when that happens, satan is the victor.

I am so thankful that God still does His work... in spite of the way man has mutilated His Holy Word over the centuries, since the Garden of Eden.

Educated men like Dr Ruckman, while correct in their knowledge that God did what he said He would do, need to temper that with love and understanding that others have the right to their own wrong opinion.

I and many others are with him on that one.

Many Bible schools today have a hatred of the KJV. When you combine this with the fact that most Christians really do not care enough about the Bible, never read it, have no knowledge of it's origins, they are left to the mercy of the "educated".

If this is a topic that interests you and, as a believer, it should dig into it and ask the Holy spirit to lead you to the truth. Certainly, the resources are available today as never before.

Be aware of the "educated" with words that normal folk cannot comprehend and know that God never intended for us commoners to be Greek/Hebrew scholars to know that He wrote only one Bible and has preserved it from the very beginning to the present day.

God Bless you as you seek.

AV Alex

There, I did that without offending anyone...right?

11. Sister Deb

Sister Deb New Member

Thank you for the advice Brother Alex. Amen to what you said about our real mission being the main focus!

The Holy Spirit has lead me to the King James which I accept as the finial authority in my life after years in the others. Being “uneducated” though, would you consider directing me to some of the resources you referred to about the origins of the King James, please?

May God richly bless you,

~Deb

12. BrianT

BrianT New Member

People try to justify (or downplay) Ruckman's atrocious behavior left and right. But when I read the following passage, I know all I need to know about Ruckman and Ruckmanism:

Gal 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23a] Meekness, temperance:"

People talk about his multiple divorces/remarriages. That's nothing compared to some of his other issues and bizarre doctrines. For example, he believes and teaches that the antichrist is going to be a giant negro coming in a UFO, and the mark of the beast is going the mark left by his large negro lips when he kisses you on the forehead!!! And he says he received this "revelation" from the KJV! http://www.kjvonly.org/other/ross_black_lip.htm

Yes, that's his "sound Biblical teaching" for you. Definitely rightly dividing the word of truth. [​IMG]

13. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about his teaching that the imortal body, that we all look forward to having when we die, will be that of a 33 year old white male. He gets this from the fact that Christ was 33 when he died. Yes ladies, you can look forward to becoming a 33 year old, white male when you die <grin>.

14. kman

kman New Member

Dare I ask..but...is this one of those vital doctrines the Modern Versions have left out????

I can't seem to find it in my NASB..or NKJV..or...

I've done some word searches on "lips" and "flying saucer" but nothing yet...

15. Japheth

Japheth Guest

I dont know about "lips" or "flying saucers" in any version; but your NASB & NKJV.ect.... leave out or alter many other topics/doctrines.ect....That is what people ultimatly hate about Dr Ruckman in the first place,his stand for the infalabilty of the AV1611...

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Japheth, You were challenged before but didn't respond with specifics. What "topics/doctrines" are left out of the NASB and NKJV? If it is so blatant then you should be able to produce one.

But you would rather close your eyes and believe something that isn't true while avoiding the truth regarding Ruckman's other false teachings.

The thing people hate about Ruckman is that he teaches false doctrines and divides the brethren. His tactics for dealing with his critics and opponents are ungodly. He is hurting the church of Christ.

17. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Japheth said:

That is what people ultimatly hate about Dr Ruckman in the first place,his stand for the infalabilty of the AV1611...

What about David Cloud, then?

18. Japheth

Japheth Guest

Well what about this? 1st john 5:13 denies his deity,2John9b changes DOCTRINE of Christ to teaching,John 6:47 in the MV's remove ON ME,Mark 9:42 states belive in ME,not so in the others,Acts 8:37 is OMITED that states that "I belive that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." PS 8:5 is changed from A little lower than the Angels,to a little lower than GOD???Hello??? Rom 1:16 the gospel of WHO????? I have dodged no questions, the KJV speaks for it's self..These are just a hand full of doctrines ect...that have been altered or completley DELETED.Is not the Lord Jesus Christ the central part of the Bible???

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Japheth, what about the things about Ruckmann's teachings that have been brought up?

It's okay to say that Ruckmann stands for the KJV; but there have been serious allegations made about his teachings about doctrine from the KJV.

If those allegations are true, how can you continue to support him?

If they're false, then please, show us some proof that Ruckmann doesn't teach these things, so this conversation can end.

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so? If you mean I John 5:7-8 then we are talking about evidence not denial. The bulk of all evidence indicates that the trinitarian formula was not in the original. The most likely case is that a margin note was incorporated into the Latin versions with a few late Greek texts being corrected to agree with it.

And just for kicks, look up Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1. The MV's are much clearer on the deity of Christ. If the MV's were trying to undermine Christ's deity, they did a terrible job... why in these verses they just come right out an call Him God.