1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What exactly is the charismatic movement?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Emily25069, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

In the discussion about why Mr. Cloud is not a member of the SBC, it came up that many SBC churches are starting to move into the charismatic movement.

What exactly does this statement mean?

Before my husband and I went to a baptist church, we were members of a "Full Gospel" church. Many people called us charismatic, but I have seen nothing like what went on at our old church in any SBC church that have visited, so I am just curious.

2. baptistk

baptistk New Member

Not sure but I do know Mr. Cloud is questionable in what he believes.

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

It started out as the Catholic Charasmatic movement. Based on the fruits of the spirit rather than sound doctrine churches began building bridges to one another and tearing down walls. This allows different denominations to fellowship with each other based on visions, speaking in tounges, spiritual revelation, spirit baptisim, healings, being slain in the spirit, etc.

Spiritual experience and feelings become much more important than biblical truth.

This is also known as ecumenicisim.

This is wrong and Satanic!. We are building up to a one world false religion. The Charasmatic movement is the machinery that will get us there.

Remember! God must be worshiped in spirit and in TRUTH. Any true baptist will have NOTHING to do with this movement.

4. 5xBlessed

5xBlessed New Member

I have a very strange charismatic experience when I left the Catholic church and started attending an Assemblies of God church. Before it happened I thought it was biblical and probably a wonderful thing. I was a new Christian, though, and knew very little about the Bible to be honest. Within about 30 to 60 minutes from the time it happened God was letting me know strongly that it was wrong. I immediately spent some major time in prayer and Bible study then left that church for good. I've been Baptist ever since and have never looked back.

Lucy

5. mioque

mioque New Member

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Thank you for posting this very fine article. I very much enjoyed reading it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. atestring

atestring New Member

Please pray for David Cloud. Th book of Isaiah says that they that watch for iniquity will be cut off.
    Pray that this does not happen to this man.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I guess this applies to Jude, who when he wanted to write about "common salvation" was led by the Holy Spirit to adomish us to "contend for the faith." So Jude, (according to you) was be cut off (for that reason). :rolleyes:

9. atestring

atestring New Member

dk&h,
    are you trying to put mr. cloud in the same category as Jude?
    Mr. cloud needs prayer.
    Please pray for him.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We all need prayer. I do too.
    Mr. Cloud is a faithful Christian who like Jude of old contends for the faith. John MacArthur who speaks out regularly against the Charismatic movement is another such person. We thank God for such people.
    DHK

11. atestring

atestring New Member

Please pray for John Macarthur also.

12. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I think I will pray for you atestring. You seem to be getting or have gotten sucked into this movement.

Christians are told to watch the signs and to be watchmen. We are not to ignorantly sit by and watch the false world religion grow without sounding the trumpet. This is why God gave us His Word and all of it's prophecies. Christians spend too much of therer time in silence. Those that speak in the spirit of warning us of these things should be blessed.

So, yes. I will pray for you.

13. BRANCH

BRANCH New Member

&gt;&gt;&gt;Topic: What exactly is the charismatic movement?

A mess.

14. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

There is only ONE true church (the Bride of Christ). I am not so arrogant to believe that this is a Baptist Church. Do you actually believe that only Baptists are going to Heaven? If you don't, you're shutting out true Christians and members of Christ's CHURCH. I'd say THAT's the Devil's work not the other way around.

15. bapmom

bapmom New Member

StraightAndNarrow,

Where, in any part of what you quoted above or in any post in this little thread, did you get the notion that anyone was saying that Baptists are the only ones going to Heaven?

Why is it that when a person points out a false doctrine being taught or a false system coming about, they are automatically charged with claiming that "they" or "their group" are the only ones going to Heaven?

16. BRANCH

BRANCH New Member

There is only ONE true church (the Bride of Christ). I am not so arrogant to believe that this is a Baptist Church. Do you actually believe that only Baptists are going to Heaven? If you don't, you're shutting out true Christians and members of Christ's CHURCH. I'd say THAT's the Devil's work not the other way around. </font>[/QUOTE]

17. BRANCH

BRANCH New Member

18. StraightAndNarrow

What do you call a one world false religion? The Bride of Christ will be a one world true religion.

19. StraightAndNarrow

Whatever.

20. bapmom

bapmom New Member

What are you talking about? The "bride of Christ" is simply an analogy for the church, made up of all who have trusted Christ as their personal Saviour throughout the ages. It is not some universal, ecumenical organization existing today.
    And no one said that only Baptists will be in Heaven.....I think you are reading far too much between the lines.