1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What God hath joined together

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by deacon jd, Mar 9, 2007.

1. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

In reading another thread about divorce I ran across the statement the if God did not join a couple that it is not a considered a marriage, and that the couple is in Gods eyes still as if they had never been married. I disagree with this view completely. Does God join lost people together in marriage? How many lost people do you know that pray for Gods guidance when seeking a spouse? Even though God does not join these marriages of unbelievers and many of the marriages of believers God still recognizes the marriage. How could a lost person commit adultery if God did not recognize his or her marriage? We know that many unbelievers do commit adultery Paul in his letter to the church at Corinth said that many of them had been guilty of adultery but that they were now washed. God joined man and woman and made the first marriage and it is not mans place to do away with marriage whether it is by divorce, cohabitation, or civil unions for the homosexuals. Marriage is God ordained and when ANYONE takes part in marriage they are accountable to God for it was him who established it to begin with.

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

God did ordain marriage, to be between a male and a female.

I disagree with your view of the union of a homosexual couple. We as Christians are not to even condone such an act.

As to unbelievers getting married, yes, they do. But just as it is not God's will for homosexuals to cohabitate in a marriage union, we can also say it may not be God's will for one person to be married to another. God may have an entirely different mate in mind for the one who steps out in his or her own lust and marries one because of beauty, money, or possessions.

None can truly know the will of God for their lives who are lost. They do not seek after the things of God, they do not seek after the will of God, they do not seek after the Ways of God. Each man seeketh after his own way.

3. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

Just to clear one thing up I am not in favor of civil unions for gays in any way.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

I got a chuckle out of that...

Of all the names deacon jd would ever be called here, liberal isn't one of them!

:laugh: :wavey:

5. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

Throughout the scriptures, I believe the Lord recognized marriages, between his people or even if the people were pagan.
    I think God recognized the marriage of Tara, Abraham's father and Pharoah and his wife if I am not mistaken.

Bartimaeus

6. Hawaiiski

Hawaiiski New Member

Christ also recognized the former marriages of the woman at the well in Jn. 4.