1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What happened to these people?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nunatak

nunatak New Member

I don't think it is as clear as you would like me to believe. Which makes me think that it is not as black and white as you would like me to believe either. You are certainly welcome to your opinion on this. I don't see a difference in terms of following the Law. If you are following Law, any Law, to keep salvation, to me that is a works salvation. And if you say that breaking a Law, any Law, causes someone to lose salvation, that too is a works salvation. I am not sure if this is actually what you are saying. You do seem to use words in a tone that comes across as caustic, however. I encourage you to realize that you are free from earning or keeping your salvation by ANYTHING you can or can not do, including drinking wine. Christ's sacrifice is complete. And we are complete in Him.

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Sure you have. It's the carbonation. As sugar becomes alcohol, it gives off carbon dioxide--the tiny bubbles that continually rise up to the surface of the liquid in the glass.

I can't remember the rest and I can't remember who sang it, but those of you who came of age in the 50's and 60's surely will remember hearing this song.

3. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

4. Joe

Joe New Member

It is worse than that....
    He addresses a post in my thread, a post he already addressed 6 months ago with the exact same reply. Check the dates. Why pick a fight with the same poster, out of the blue, 6 months later?

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=43808&page=4
    Post 40

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=43808&page=5
    Post 43

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=43808&page=32
    Post 312

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Excerpts of a Testimony

Everyone that is condemning this man should be ashamed, for their words are not becoming a Christian. I would say the same for any of you here on this thread if it were you that had been banned unjustly and are now being talked about. All of us have debated with heated passion on what the Word has revealed to our spirits. His happened to be alcohol. Once he posted his view, those of you that think it is not sinful to drink, baited and baited and baited some more. Everyone needs to wake-up and see that you are just as guilty as SFIC for passionately defending your stance or view of scripture.

I do not get favorable views on all my posts either. Thats just fine. I either have to except that I am wrong or in the case of a rock solid stance, except that I have expressed my convictions with the hopes that those convictions will sway someone thats on the bubble. We are not going to sway everyone that is in opposition to our convictions.

If someone says that it is a sin to drink alcohol and you think it is not a sin why should it bother you? It shouldn't unless it pricks your heart. Now the prick will move you two ways, hardness of heart or repentance. If you are not pricked then move on and let the Preacher remain in his folly. Apparently many here are moved by SFIC's views. Which way will you then turn? Hardness or Repentance?

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How much worse, one might ask? Well, aside from the fact that the post #312 that Joe mentioned prompted a call from me to have the thread closed after the 6 mo. lull (and was already beyond the 30 pg. BB limit), and as Maxwell Smart might have said, "Would you believe that history is actually repeating itself in two instances, already, in just this one post, here.

Check out this partial quote from me.
    This is from my post #321 (which is one of the last posts, before an Administrator did in fact, close and archive this thread), namely, this one:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=43808&page=33

So I will now ask, Should history repeat itself for the third time, by me requesting this thread be closed, as well?

Let's see; Banned poster cannot defend himself - same one I mentioned. That's one.

I take another poster to task - same one I mentioned, again. That's two.

And three is where Ed calls for thread to be closed. We are not hardly there yet, but it seems we are sure getting close to this one, as well.

There have been multple individuals no longer posting (or posting very little) I assume, for one reason or another, who have not been banned or even done anything to get admonished, from what I can see. Why doesn't anyone ask about some of them or give us some insight, they may have? I really would like to know what happened to a few of them, such as Mel Miller and cranston36, both of whom were well-seasoned individuals, just to name two, and why they stopped posting.

I hope and pray it was not due to infirmity.

Ed

#226 EdSutton, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2008
  7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bottom line is he was banned for just cause. I never questioned his salvation because of his views, but he sure questioned mine (and numberous others) on more than one occasion, not to mention claiming his views were God's views, which is blasphemy.

8. Joe

Joe New Member

Actually Ed, don't give yourself so much credit. It was MY thread, and I asked everyone not to feed the troll. So no one did until you. Then you came in all hyped up, wired as heck spewing it needed to be closed which was unnecessary. But it was nice that she responded to your request.
    Ed if you are that concerned about history repeating itself, then maybe not contributing to it, blowing everything out of proportion might help. Please, calm down.
    Good point. Probably a good idea for us to never again speak of banned posters on a public forum. Trotter mentioned he is an Admin and they have a rule against it.
    You took me to task? you have said this twice, and multiple times about other posters. get a grip. You sound like a gang member, certainly not a Christian. Don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back, you did no such thing.
    Maybe so, sure wouldn't be a bad idea! I hoped it was closed long ago, but did want to clarify webdog's post. Apparently, it really struck a nerve with you. You are welcome to ignore my next post if it upsets you so much.
    I can agree with this. I missed Npet but that's all I can remember so far. Don't think I had been around long enough to get to know the others all that well.

9. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Just an observance, but Joe's statement: "You sound like a gang member, certainly not a Christian," sounds more like someone questioning another's Salvation than sfiC's statement: "Anyone that claims to be of Christ..."

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

So the prohibition then is solely against red wine, right? Doesn't that mean that white wine is okay?

And since this thread has drifted in so many different directions and well away from the OP it now closed.

#230 Bible-boy, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.