1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What hymnal(s) do you use?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jul 9, 2010.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep:thumbsup:

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Point of order: I'm not a PPT fan...but I have yet to convince our worship leader & A/V team to replace it. I thought about just going in one Sunday AM and deleting PPT/installing something else, but I have two problems:

1. In a stupid mistake a few years back, I under-bought on the video memory. We don't have enough to run many of the top-tier programs. We need a new video card, and to be honest, I'm being stubborn...It's not my job to take care of that computer, and I'm not starting now.

2. Our worship leader & A/V crew simply don't know another program; so they don't realize how we are limited.

The one advantage though: I've figured out how to max out PowerPoint just about as much as possible. We're making it do just about as much as it can.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I shouldn't say powerpoint, It may be another program the churches use. Whatever the case, we use a screen with the words up there.

4. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

The church I served as pastor used two hymnals ... the Southern Baptist hymnal, 1991, and the African-American Heritage Hymnal. That reflected our ethnic diversity and wide-ranging tastes and needs.

The church I now serve as organist uses The Hymnal for Worship and Celebration, published by Word. But we supplement with a sampling of Contemporary Christian selections, projected on a screen.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Check out ProPresenter tutorials:

http://www.renewedvision.com/propresenter.php?page=tour

We can do SOOO much with it! Our pastor suddenly wanted to do a song at the end of the service and the keyboard player just made it on stage to play. Pastor said "We won't have the words but we all know the song." He didn't know I had it loaded in ProPresenter before the keyboard player even got on stage! I had the background up with the CCLI info already. :D

Additionally, we have a Christmas play every year. In past years we always put the sound effects and songs in iTunes and at the last minute, once we were sure it was set, we burned it to a CD and played it with "play, pause, play, pause". This year we put it all on ProPresenter and with the ability to label the audio as "tune" or "effect" (I think it was called), I could even play the music then put a train whistle over that! SOOOO cool!!

Finally, when we're using words with recorded music (we do this for things like VBS, Sunday School and other places where we don't have live music), we can fully automate the song so that I press "play" and the music starts, the background and CCLI info goes up on the screen and the computer changes the words through the song as I've recorded it to do. SOOOOO totally awesome!!!!! Makes it so even a dummy can use it! LOL

Oh - and I can put in movies, mark DVD clips (using the DVD and not having to rip it) and have moving backgrounds without crashing the dumb thing. :D

LOVE ProPresenter.

6. Gib

Gib Active Member

We really use powerpoint :tongue3:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

**SHUDDER**

We don't even HAVE PowerPoint on our Macs. :D

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I second ProPresenter. It is AWESOME! At least our video crew (my son and future DIL) say so. I just send them the stuff and they plug it in.:laugh:

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The key here is "they plug it in". It's EASY!!!! No needing to try to get things to work. No other programs. Just drag, drop, run. Done!