1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what if you die and haven't led anyone to Jesus?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 6, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

I haven't led anyone to him yet.
    I tried to convince my family but they don't want to believe. What if I die and God holds me accountable and asks me what I did with my talents and I haven't saved anyone? :(
    Does this mean I will be tortured like the servant who didn't use his talents?

2. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Jimbo... How can you reflect to another who you do not know yet? First learn of Him and know Him, you moving out of fear and not love yet. First sit down at His feet and learn of HIM. How can anyone ask you about the hope you have within you when you have yet to know what this hope is?

Your in a "Doing" mode not a rest mode. He says come unto me I will give you rest. He didn't say come unto me and when your discombulated go ye into the world... You need to find out what His will is. You'll be pleasantly surprised to learn the works of God are to simply "Believe". There are different stages to our growth as John shows, right now you are as a child, what John says to a Child is different from what He says of young men and fathers (stages).

"Little children"... KNOW your sins are forgiven. Children are consumed with their sins and unsure of their forgiveness with God. Jesus says, He who believes in me Hath everlasting life-Believe this, or say, "lord help my unbelief". He does it all Jimbo. He is the Author and Finishers of YOUR FAITH, your not HE IS.

The Fear of the Lord is THE BEGINING OF WISDOM

But consider...

Perfect love casts out FEAR.

We are being perfected in love.

What is started IN YOU will be brought to completion, your simply in the BEGINING of Christ (Who is the Wisdom of God and the Power of God).

What did Jesus say was the BEST PART?

Mary Chose the best part, what was SHE DOING? Simply sitting at His feet. He said this would not be taken from her.

Come unto me, "Learn of me" for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for your souls.

THATS where you find REST for your soul.

Cast your cares upon the Lord (why?) HE CARETH FOR YOU

God Bless Jimbo (your in my prayers)

Seth3

3. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

But nothing changes at all.
    I have there where I am for years. Why should it ever change? Why should I ever be closer to God? Why should it suddenly change? This doesn't seem realistic to me. :(
    I did everything I could. I thought my secular music might keep me from God so I threw it away, I thought my horror movies might be the reason nothing works so I threw them away. But nothing changed, I am simply so hopeless.
    I have spent a lot of money going to a conference hoping to be filled with the holy spirit and nothing happened. No matter what I try it doesnt work. :(
    I am simply so hopeless.And when others say that Jesus is there when you're despaired and call unto him then this upsets me! I have been despaired so many times and nothing happened. No Jesus who popped up in front of me and I also didn't feel better. I feel like God leaves me alone.I don't think I really trust God anymore. I dont even know how he is. :(
    There is no trust and without trust God will most likely not do anything this means nothing will change. Most likely God is offended cause I dont trust him and won't do anything. :(

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Jimbo,

It would really help if you gave us your testimony or some background about yourself so that we may better understand you and the problems you are facing at the moment.

God Bless

Sheila

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When William Carey went to India he didn't lead someone to Christ until after 11 years. Praying Hyde was accused or praying too much too. But I am told his mninistry is the only one that exists from that time today.

There are those who "lead others to Christ" and seldom if ever disciple anyone.

Pray for those around you on a regular basis. You will be amazed what happens when you pray specifically for men before you talk to them about God. We must talk to God about men before we talk to men about God.

There have been years when I have led loads of people to Christ and others when I hardly led one person to Christ. But remember we preach in season and out of season. But God is always at work.

Sometime read http://www.bibleteacher.org/Dm118_8.htm

Just a few years ago someone I know came to Christ that I had been praying for for 28 years. He bagn to ask me questions and finally he knew he needed to give his life to Christ. He is on fire like few I have seen.

[ November 06, 2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: gb93433 ]

6. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

My background doesnt even matter!
    It doesnt change anything! Fact is I have nobody! I have been tripping on the spot for years and nothing improves! :(
    Why doesn't God do something and help me with all these problems?

7. following-Him

Jimbo:

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Hebrews 11:6/NIV

8. following-Him

Jimbo,

Your negative attitude leaves me exasperated!! I really am at a loss as to what to say to you to try and encourage you.

At the moment I don't see that you can lead anyone to the Lord as you have a lot of growing to do yourself.

Praying for you

God Bless

Sheila

9. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

oh boy..
    do you really think this helps me? :(

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree with you Shiela. Loads of help has been offered to Jimbo and he seems to be looking for some kind of "feel good" experience. :(

11. following-Him

Jimbo,

The intention was to encourage you with relevent Scripture, particularly as you have stated that you have difficulty understanding the Bible. I would hope that I would only ever try to post something which would be helpful to you and your walk with the Lord as per: Ephesians 4:29

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear

My sincere apologies if I upset you in any way as that was never my intention.

God Bless

Sheila

12. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Man I have problems with having faith! This is it! And these verses only make it worse! :(

Doubt and mental health (Neil T.Anderson)

I'm afraid I'll lose control.I'm afraid of my father, of God, of what people will think of me.
    I'm fraid "it" will catch up with me.I'm afraid my parents will embarass me.My heart will stop.I'm afraid I'll throw up
    in front of everybody and people will talk about me.I'm afraid I'll jump off the balcony.
    I'm afraid I'll die. I'm afraid I won't.I'm not good enough for my friends.I'm not good enough for God.
    I'll be found out.I'm afraid of the shadow on the wall. Someone's right outside my window waiting, I'm afraid of myself.
    I'm not talented enough.I'm not pretty enough.I'll panic.I won't get everything done.I'll choke.I'm inadequate.I'm afraid I'll go crazy.
    I'm afraid they'll lock me up and no one will care anymore.They won't like me if they really know me.My heart will be broken.I'm not rich enough.
    I'm not strong enough.I'm afraid I have no self.I'm afraid I might fail.What if I succeed? What if it doesn't happen? What if it does? Wha am I so afraid?

Such are thoughts of a person who doubts everything.
    This was called doubting mania in the first half of the last century.It was described as an extreme self-consciousness and preoccupation with hesitation and doubt.
    Today the diagnosis would be anxiety disorder and/or obsessive-compulsive disorder.Anxiety disorders are the number one mental health problem in the world,followed by depression,which is common cold of mental illness.
    Depression is often the result of having struggled with obsessive worry and doubt.
    Obsessive doubters have more of a mental struggle then a behavioral problem. In other words, they are more obsessive than compulsive.
    The mental obsession is usually regarding issues that can't be proved to their satisfaction.
    Rather than make the choice to believe and live according by faith, they are limited in what they can do by their uncertainties.
    The bible is certainly not silent about such mental problems. The old testament records: Elijah came near to all the people and said:
    How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him, but if Baal, follow him."

James writes:

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
    6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
    7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
    8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Such verses are a challenge for most of us, but they only increase the anxiety when read by people who have obsessive thoughts.
    Have I believed enough? Did I ask in faith? Does God hear me? Am I a christian?
    The personal misery of living i doubt is probably worse than the frustration of living with those who do. Hence, the doubter's dissatisfaction with his doubt
    is as great and widespread as the doubt itself.

13. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Jimbo,

It is not you who saves anyone anyway. It is Jesus. You can only plant seeds. And that is not hard to do. The Lord will lead you as to what to do. I used to watch people that were saved. I learned more through their actions than their words.

And to be able to get to heaven YOU are the one that has to be saved. People always try to add to that because they feel it is to simple. Well, God created us and He knows that we understand simple.

Try not to let your salvation be a burden. It is a gift that cost our Lord His Son and our Saviour His life. They did all the burdensome work. All we have to do is ask for the gift. God does the rest. We CANNOT do anything. It is GOD that does things THROUGH us.

Heavenly Father, Thank You again for all you and Jesus have done for us. Please help Jimbo with his doubt. God thank You for a glorious day here in FL. Thank You for loving us SO much that You gave us Jesus. Jesus, thank You for loving us enough to lay down Your life that we can have ASSURANCE of our salvation and eternal life with You.

14. following-Him

Jimbo,

Thank you for your last post. I now have a better understanding of where you are coming from. I truly never meant to upset you in any way. I have some idea of what you are going thru' because I too suffer from depression and I still take meds after more than two years. I have this dread of being invisible. I don't know if that is something you can understand. I sometimes think that the world is completely unaware of my existence. I can testify tho' that God is so gracious and He won't ever leave you. He is always there for you. This awareness of His presence is something that for some people like me and maybe you too is a gradual thing. One day you will be aware of such a lovely peace and you won't feel so anxious about things. So keep reading your Bible and praying and that way you are maintaining and developing a relationship with Him, even tho' you may think that nothing is happening. Please don't feel you can't share with us. You have already seen by the response to your posts that there are people here who care about you and are praying for you and really want to hear from you that you are going forward in your faith. Don't try to rush things and make them happen. Let go and let God.

God Bless

Sheila

15. billwald

billwald New Member

Then it wasn't predestined for you to lead someone . . . and how do you know that you havn't?

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

Only God says when people get saved, we do not. You can not make people want to be saved(the Holy Spirit does that), all you can really do is make them no want to listen to you anymore, and turn them off to hearing the gospel.
    I've seen several of your posts and, and if you'd stop dwelling on yourself and move to dwelling on God you might see some changes. Spending so much time on yourself is one pride and two setting yourself up for making and idol to worship of yourself. Just stop. You want to see real changes in yourself. Read and study the bible, let God teach you from scripture, obey what He says to us in it, and you'll see those changes. But as long as your focus is you then it is nnot God.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member