1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is a Reformed Baptist Church?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herald, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Herald

Herald New Member

Have fun in your efforts. As for me, I don't have time for sensational claims and games. The last thing to enter my mind is to try and "trick" Arminians or anyone else who calls themselves a non-Calvinist. I enjoy the free exchange of ideas the Internet provides, and my personality naturally gravitates towards debate. But when I debate it is to contend for the truth. Tricks are for magicians and charlatans.

You must think that those who hold to the doctrines of grace do so because they are engaged in some insidious plot to burden weak-willed people. Your view of 2 Timothy 3:5-7, in conjunction with the topic at hand, indicates as much. If you actually do believe that then I leave you with your delusions.

Facts present a real problem to fables. The overwhelming majority of Baptist churches in this country are not Calvinistic. The idea that "Calvinism has veritably owned theological popular thought for about 25years" is preposterous. The Founders Movement is a minority in the SBC. Self-proclaimed Reformed Baptist Churches are scarcely a blip on the Baptist radar screen. Some states don't even have one Reformed Baptist church! The doctrines of grace have always been in the minority since the post-Puritan age. Providentially, the doctrines of grace have gained traction in some evangelical circles. But instead of being the populace position it is simply becoming another voice at the table.

Most Reformed Baptist churches have eschewed the modern church growth movement. They are committed to evangelism, but also to raising godly families - organic growth.

I don't need to prove you mistaken. You've done an able job of that yourself. I have no need for such tactics. I stand on what I am convinced Scripture teaches. I know what I believe will be rejected by the majority. That's okay since I am know I will never convince the majority.

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#22 HeirofSalvation, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Herald

Herald New Member

You can have the last word....

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Appreciate the good reprint of what is a Reformed Baptist. And their reclaiming the doctrines of grace from the pelagian/arminian hordes of itching ears.

We have many man-centric Baptists on the Baptist Board, Herald. (and NOT implying any who have posted thus far believe in a false gospel or misunderstand grace; just stating the reality of the "broad" tree we Baptists bird roost in)

Don't take it personal if someone dislikes YOU because you espouse biblical truth. Matter of fact, expect it. I've been on the BB since the beginning (spring 2000) and have seen lots of people posting here that I wonder about. But you know what? They wonder about me!!

TO ALL - Let's keep a good spirit in the discussion of "Grace". Can't get a better topic!

5. Herald

Herald New Member

Bob,

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't take the criticisms, attacks, or mischaracterizations personal. I understand what motivates them. I remember back to the days when I didn't believe in the doctrines of grace. I felt the same way as some of our more vocal opponents here on the BB.

Grace to you, brother!

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I have a one word answer to the original OP's topic question: "wrong"! :)

Mods can now close this thread. :)

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Michael,
    I would like to help you overcome this aversion.Take one issue at a time.list what you are distressed about.

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am not distressed.

I was simply trying to lighten the mood a bit.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    okay...I missed it,lol....I am a bit burned out right now...it went right over my head:laugh:

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That's okay.

But hey, if you had any hair up there, that might have caught it. :)

Not an insult; I'm thinning, too. :)

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My hairs have long ago departed. I take comfort in the fact that i have all that God has decreed I have.[that is not the only reason I believe in the dreaded calvinistic teaching...but it is a fringe benefit as my egg timer has turned over]:laugh::laugh:

I never seemed to notice this psalm when i was younger, but it comes to mind more often now:

13. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Well, I guess if you believe the state of your scalp was predestined, you don't have to fret over whether to get a hair transplant or not. :)

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is correct. I am who God has purposed me to be,and am fully responsible to do all those good works that were ordained for me. We have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellancy may be of God and not of us.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, jesus said that every hair on our heads are numbered, right?

16. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am a huge Ann Coulter fan myself.....largely because she knows the meaning of...and knows how to use words like "womanish" when referencing complaints. Passive agression is cowardly, and vaguely akin to that employed by terrorists.

#36 HeirofSalvation, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012