1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is sin? video response...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by zrs6v4, Dec 28, 2010.

1. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

I listen to a pastor out of Texas that some of you may or may not know about named Tim Conway. I believe his church is non-denom and reformed in theology. I was thinking about sin yesterday and how God views sinners so I came home and thought I'd find a video to watch. I believe the setting this video is in is a small group, but its hard to tell. The video is an hour long and is pretty good all the way through I thought. I just wanted to get your responses. You don't have to watch the whole thing, but I was glued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVdv5RvJfY

2. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

I was wondering about the sin nature tonight. What exactly is it. I noticed in Genesis 3 the repeated statement, "knowing good and evil" like God. Adam and Eve were not conscious of evil, but after they sinned ignorantly (by being sifted like wheat by Satan) they became conscious. Genesis 4 shows some effects of sin, and in chapter 6 we find that all the creation's thoughts and deeds were evil continually.

I know the the basic theology of the sin nature, but what exactly is it? where did it come from? God couldnt have planted it in man right?

LEt me know your thoughts since nobody responded to the video :)