1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the "Modern Gospel Method"?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Plain Old Bill, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I apologize I am ignorant of this term.I saw it mentioned on another thread and did'nt think it was right to hijsck the thread to get an answer to my question so I posted it here.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think it is an excuse to use programs to "reach" people rather than the hard work of evangelism and discipling them.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

And the use of "programs" is not evangelism?

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

To further the question:

And the use of "programs" is not hard work?

6. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

Webdog and Johnv,

Maybe they mean it's got to be hard for the one being evangelized. ;)

7. SeriousOne

SeriousOne New Member

The "modern gospel" can be summarized thusly: Folks are told that "Jesus loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life" without showing them their need for repentance and the truth that when Jesus saves someone that HE also changes their heart and a changed life follows.
    The "Gospel" from scripture emphasizes that GOD is HOLY and man is sinful and in need of forgiveness. People have to first understand that they are sinners or they will never understand that they need The Saviour to forgive them of their sin. If we do not have Christ's righteousness to replace our sinfulness we are most miserable indeed. We cannot rely on ourselves for anything. "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that NOT of yourselves, it is the gift of GOD, not of works, so that no one may boast" Eph 2:8,9

8. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

There is no such thing as the "Modern Gospel". The Gospel is what it is - the Good News of Jesus Christ. The Gospel hasn't changed.

9. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Amen Guitarpreacher. The methods have often changed, but the message remains the same.