1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHAT IS the purpose of government, anyway?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Feb 1, 2011.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

If this is not making a judgement call about my speech, then I surely do not know what is????????

You *are* in FACT saying that because of my speech that I am not a Christian.

This is how I percieve it in Plain American English.

And, in the words of a great Officer, "NUTS"!

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should have called them swine, dogs or vipers, and you would have used the verbatims Christ used to judge people of similar character.

In this thread, CTB is talking like a snake.

3. davidmore70

davidmore70 New Member

Seems to me the purpose of government in theory and the actualization are two different things, sadly.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

A safe and stable environment is your responsibility. This is God's mandate for Government...... Law and order.
    Romans 13:1-6
    1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.