1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is truth?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

"TRUTH IS SO HEAVY THAT FEW CAN CARRY IT"

Answer:
    When you participate in following your heart, instinct, or universal submission to the divine energy (natural), opposite to what the status quo, the State or cultural standards propagate and promote (artificial), you tend to feel the wrath and aggression of coercive, mental and economic forces that oppose truth. Sometimes being truthful would put you in a worse physical state, therefore many people choose comfort and become untruthful.... because the truth is to heavy to carry.

#81 Matt22:37-39, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't. The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked.
    Really?
    Animals have instinct.
    Universal submission is an eastern concept as in Hinduism.
    You deny the Lord God Almighty; Jesus Christ, the Lord of lords, and King of kings. He is not simply "divine energy.
    This is blatant heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is you? But that depends how you define "the status quo, doesn't it?
    It was God that ordained government.
    Paul said that he would adapt to culture to win those around him.
    Where does that leave you?
    You mean "your truth." Truth is relative according to you. Personally I don't feel the wrath of God at all.
    Then you need to repent. If the truth is heavy, a burden then repent.

3. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

What the person said is true...secular people get it right better than some of you.

http://www.brighthill.net/articles/what_it_means_to_speak_your_truth.htm#sthash.6BxIJbLA.dpbs

"Most people think that speaking their truth is about stating their opinions. It isn't. Speaking your truth goes much, much deeper than that. In the grand scheme of things, opinions are irrelevant, but your truth is everything.

In my late twenties, I began to work with a woman who was helping me with a goiter, and I understood that this indicated a block in the throat chakra. For the throat to be open, it must be connected with your heart. When this happens, the heart's message can be spoken, and the heart can also connect with our head and the upper chakras that connect us with divine source. Intellectually, this understanding comes easy. What doesn't come so easy is making that connection with our heart so that we can discover what our truth really is.

When I was told that I needed to speak my truth to heal this issue, I had no clue what it meant. I felt that I was an honest person; I didn't lie, unless someone's feelings were at stake. So what on earth could this mean? It took me years to figure it out, but this question formed the core of my healing journey. Indeed, it is the core of every healing journey.

What is your truth? You probably think you know, but chances are, you're missing pieces of it. Our truth is about who we really are and who we came to be, without regard to culture or social conventions. That's the part that gets scary, and that's the part that makes us hide our truth from ourselves.

No other person can truly oppress us, but we can oppress ourselves, and we often do. If your inner truth says that you need to be an artist, but you become a lawyer because you feel obligated to, then you are suppressing your truth. In this case, speaking your truth means saying, "My heart tells me that I am an artist, and I won't be happy doing anything else." Speaking your truth means supporting your words with actions, so using this example, you would do whatever it takes to pursue your dream of becoming an artist. And finally, speaking your truth means having the courage to stand in your truth and trusting that the Universe will support you in it, because this is who you came here to be.

Of course, this is a simple example, and our truth is about more than our professional calling. It is about the choices we make every day. Sometimes our truth says that we need to leave a relationship. Sometimes it says that we want a relationship with someone else, maybe even a person of the opposite sex—most people would rather not admit that particular truth to themselves, depending on where they live. Or maybe it means we really do want children after all, even though our partner doesn't. Or maybe it tells us that we need to move.

To live in our truth is to be in integrity with ourselves. If we don't do this, we betray ourselves, and that is the worst kind of betrayal. But we can't do this unless we really know what our truth is. To find out, we have to be completely honest with ourselves, and this requires courage. It means hearing the answers you don't want to hear. God always answers our prayers and questions; we just usually don't like the answers that come, so we ask again, hoping for a different answer.

In my case, accepting my truth meant accepting myself as a lesbian, which I had been in deep denial about. It meant leaving my husband. It meant being open to my soul mate. It meant admitting that I really wanted children. It meant having the courage to live out loud and to be seen. It meant not being afraid to share my healing and my spiritual journey with others. It meant ignoring the naysayers who don't like what I'm saying. It meant accepting and doing the work I came here to do.

So am I done finding my truth, then? No one ever is. There is more to discover in myself, more depths to plumb, and more to experience in the ever-unfolding process of growth and healing."
    -

#83 Matt22:37-39, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013