1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your current opinion of President Bush?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by StefanM, Feb 12, 2007.

?
  1. Make him king!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Strongly Approve

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Approve

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Neutral

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Disapprove

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Strongly Disapprove

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I hear Antarctica needs a new President!

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are right, he didnt do a poor job. The term is pathetic. Congress is democratic now because the republicans failed to lead. If the republicans nominate a liberal/moderate in 2008 like Gulliani, McCain, or Romney, they will lose to the democrats, and rightly so.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Guilliani will win because the Democrats will insist upon withdraw from Iraq in January 2009. Bush never was a conservative and has kept his word as a moderate about his intentions. He lost Congress, Saturneptune, because of corruption in congressional Republicans as well as Republican overspending caused by an alliance of liberal Republicans and all Democrats. Bush thinks that big government can work; I do not. However, I think that Bush has been honest and free of moral depravity such as Clinton indulged himself in.

The Conservatives have not developed a candidate since Reagan. Until the conservatives do some work for their cause, moderates are going to rule the GOP because moderates are the only ones who will put themselves on the line.

Bush has represented the conservatives in his conduct of the war, which liberals greatly oppose.

The reason that Democrats fail is that liberal ideology has no specific answers about what to do about Islam once liberals order the military to retreat to the USA.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I didn't vote for him in 2000 and I didn't vote for him in 2004. He has been the President I expected him to be, and our country is in bad shape because of his administration.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given the same choices, George Bush or the traitor Kerry, I would unhesitatingly vote for Bush again. I am unhappy with him in many ways , but not enough to vote to put a traitor in the White House.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see not one mention of the millions of babies that have been slaughtered in the womb and how Bush has done his best to appoint judges who just might correct this murderest deed Roe v Wade. Not one mention of his signing of the Partial Birth Abortion Bill, a bill that Clinton refused to sign, that would attempt to stop the pulling of babies from the womb by their feet and poking the back of their heads while they squirm to suck their brains out.

No, I see folks worried about their MONEY. One world economy is what God's word says is coming and it is already here. Do you think you can stop God's word from coming true by not trading with the world? We would just be let to rot. We complain about jobs lost to china but we sure like those cheap goods, don't we? Money!!

And war is a fact of life and it will always be with us. Freedom is an ongoing battle that never ends. If you see a threat to that freedom then you must act upon it before it gets bigger than you can deal with. The war is on and we might as well fight it were we are until the enemy is dead, retreats, or Christ returns. But that will take Money!!

God bless those soldiers who have given their lives for us.

Not one mention about the slaughtering of babies though. I guess that isn't important like Money!!

God Bless!

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I voted for Kerry, and would do so again if he ran against George W Bush!

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why?

God Bless!

8. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The outcome, with some variants, would've been the same. The primary difference is that Kerry was blatant about being a globalist, Bush was more subtle.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bush, who was one of the better recent governors of Texas, seems to have lost whatever he had when he was in Austin. He has consistently lied to us, mishandled the war, and damaged the Constitution.

The worst ever? Too early to say. At this point, he's way ahead of whoever is in second place.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you mean by a "globalist"?

God Bless!

11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far Jimmy Carter has been the worst President unless you count Bill Clinton. Of course, Hillary should win the prize if she is elected.

12. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

If people had examined Bush, noting his repeated failures in business and in politics, his drug problems, and his six years as governor of Texas during which his tax and spending policies nearly bankrupted the state government, they would have seen that he was not competent to be President of the US. His Daddy got him through Yale and out of any real dangerous military service, and his Daddy's name got him into the White House. To expect anything more from him was obviously unrealistic.

I don't know or understand why the religious right trusted him to deliver on their social agenda. He had no real record of support for those issues as Governor of Texas, he wasn't very regular in church attendance, had no record of real participation on involvement in the life of a church and held membership in a congregation that supported the liberal side of the social agenda. His lack of action of any kind on the abortion issue I attribute to the influence of his pro-choice wife and his pro-choice mother. His father flip-flopped on the issue so Reagan would name him VP.

As far as the economy goes, wages and benefits for American workers are down overall, though the investor class has profited handsomely as well as being the principle beneficiaries of his tax cuts. 3.8 million high paying manufacturing jobs have evaporated, replaced by minimum wage jobs. And then you have the fact that during Bush's term in office, the Border Patrol was cut by 60% and their surveillance equipment fell into disrepair so the wealthy could get a tax break, and nine million illegal immigrants crossed the border into America. Remember, too that the 9-11 hijackers and bombers got in to the country and did their work under his presidency.

I evaluate him as the worst president of modern times, since 1900, and one of the three worst ever to serve in the office. Two more years of Bush, and the Republican candidate for President in 2008, whoever the poor person is, will finish third.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The people examined Jesus and decided to put him to death, yet it was God's chosen man for His own purposes.

Bush is President because God chose him for this time in history. Like him or not, God put him there for a purpose. We should seek out what that good purpose is despite of the bad in him that plagues us all.

God Bless!

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why do you trust Paul, afterall, he filpfloped on his agenda and life? Do you scoff at a man's ability to repent?

God Bless!

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It sounds as though money is more of a concern for you than the murder of innocent babies. No? How far down are your wages since Bush took over? Mine are up!

Is anybody on this board worse off today financially than they were when Bush took office as a direct result of him in office?

God Bless!

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Globalists are engaged in the elimination of sovereign nations, first through regionalization (European Union, African Union, Asia, Oceania and the Americas) which will be governed by single global body (United Nations) and will, in time, be led by a single leader (Antichrist). W is doing his part by eliminating non-integrated states such as Iraq, Afghanistan, and Venezuela (eventually) and via the creation of the North America Union which, in time, will join into a single Americas region via CAFTA and the FTAA and other like mechanisms. Globalists are not pro Christ.

"This idea of a planned world-state is one to which all our thought and knowledge is tending ... It is appearing partially and experimentally at a thousand points ... its coming is likely to happen quickly." - HG Wells

"I will keep America moving forward, always forward - for a better America, for an endless enduring dream and a thousand points of light." - George HW Bush​

"What is at stake is more than one small country, it is a big idea—a new world order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind: peace and security, freedom, and the rule of law." - George HW Bush​

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you! You might be right that Bush is playing a part in this, however it must take place no matter who is the President of the USA. I wouldn't equate this with Bush being antichrist as opposed to pro-Christ. This is why the USA has become as liberal as it has, it must, so that God's prophecy will be fullfilled. Thus it will come down to each of us giving an account for our own actions and this includes voting as well. Why did you vote the way you did? Was is to satisfy your belly? Was it to honor the Word of God? Each will answer to the thoughts and attitudes of their own heart. Did you just go along with the party or did you consult God's word before supporting any individual? Questions we should all ponder.

God Bless!

#37 steaver, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  18. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

That quote could be used to describe Bush's State of the Union speech. Not one mention about the slaughtering of babies! Bush has given lip service to the issue of abortion, even gained some support with his signing of the Partial Birth Abortion bill which may stop less that 1% of all abortions, but he has done nothing to stop the "American Holocaust".

Don't be fooled Bush is not concerened with stoping abortion, his main goals have been to increase the size of the federal government, destroy the US Constitution and work to build a North American Union.

19. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

The same would apply to Bill Clinton as well, then, wouldn't it? Were you saying the same things about him?

20. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Yes, I am.