1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your political view?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by J.D., Aug 9, 2010.

?
  1. 1. “Liberal” – pro-gay, pro-abortion, support big government, higher taxes, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2. “Neo-Conservative – less government, intervention overseas

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. 3. “Paleo-Conservative – less government, non-intervention overseas, etc.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. 4. Ron Paul type Libertarian – Austrian economics, , non-intervention, anti-abortion, etc.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. 5. Libertarian Party – Austrian economics, non-intervention, pro-abortion, pro-prostitution, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6. Other

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Of course you are! We are allowed to vote for candidates that support abortion, as long as they have some other (what we feel are) redeeming qualities. In the same vein, we can hire school teachers, camp counselors, and day care workers that are pedophiles, as long as they are good at some other stuff.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

One important thing you are missing is that I didn't vote for Obama. But, if I had, that still wouldn't make me guilty of any abortions. Like the Libertarians, I believe it is the woman having the abortion that is to blame. Remember, personal responsibility, or isn't that the talking point of the right-wing.

Now, you republicans (I know, you probably claim you aren't a republican) can keep on listening to the old party line of how the Republican Party is against abortion while they continue to do nothing to stop it. Remember, the republicans were in control of most government for 20 years during Reagan, Bush and Bush, don't you?

You do realize that they never intend to stop abortions; they just use it to keep the simpleminded from leaving their party.

3. targus

targus New Member

If one provides the means one is complicite. Your personal belief does not change that.

Personal responsibilty includes one's vote. One can not vote for a politician espousing a particular line of action and then absolve oneself of the responsibility of those actions come to life after the election.

It is a question of more than degree - the Republicans have worked against abortion (remember the ban on partial birth abortions?)

Democrats on the other hand are constantly looking for ways to increase and to fund abortions. They are actively working to promote abortions.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, then...on this issue, libertarians that toe the above line are taking a position that is barbaric, ungodly, and abhorrent.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I disagree. It is the clinic that is providing the means.

6. targus

targus New Member

There is the woman seeking the abortion.

There is the clinic providing the abortion.

There is the government providing funds in some cases - such as Obama's funds for overseas abortions - and now it seems - abortions provided by the new health scare scam.

And there is the voter that put Obama in office knowing that he would promote abortion with tax money.

All of the above parties are guilty.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I would be considered independent. Not an independent as with some political party, just independent. I vote for those who I feel the Lord would want to lead no matter the party affiliation. By the way there are not many.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

So, anyone who voted for a Democrat or a Libertarian is guilty of murder in your opinion?

9. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Targus, do you support the death penalty? Do you want to kill all Democrats and Libertarians?

10. targus

targus New Member

That would depend upon the particular Democrat or Libertarian - of course.

There are a few Democrats that are not pro-abortion.

11. targus

targus New Member

Very silly question.

Not your normal style.

No I do not wish to kill anyone.

But I do wish that Democrats would not promote abortion as they do as a party.

And I wish that those who claim to be Christians but still vote for Democrats that promote abortion would take a few minutes some time to examine their conscience - and pray on the matter a little.

12. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's pretty good, but you didn't mention war in your catalogue. Also, my impression of Austrian/Libertarian economics is not centered on free markets but is centered on freedom. Free markets ensure not only the greatest chance for prosperity but more importantly, they offer the greatest buttress for individual freedoms.

From what I see, you might feel at home with the Constitution Party. Have you heard of them?

13. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I listened to Rand debating on CSPAN recently. He was brilliant. I'd vote for him.

14. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wan't aware of that organization. Thanks for the link.