1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What percent of Baptists are saved?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by trying2understand, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Eladar

Eladar New Member

I see.

What are are views on those who appeared to be a part of the Church, but really were not?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The CHURCH doesn't save anyone. That's between each person and the Lord. Like we've admitted... there's a lot of Baptist not going to be in heaven because they aren't really saved. [​IMG]

Diane

3. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Diane,

The question isn't about those who attend church but aren't going to heaven. The scripture is about people who appear to be saved, but really are not.

Do you believe that these people knew all along that they really didn't believe?

4. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

I have been setting here reading threw this post & from what i have seen here; i have a guestion?

This is questioning the baptist only, but in all honesty, How many of any denomination are truley saved to the point of fully serving him?

I have been in a few churches around my area of diffrent denomination & then i have seen the people out away from church & you could not tell they were christian people.

The Bible plainly states that there will be judgement upon us all, But my question is why will there be judgement, if we all had to stay faithful to be able to get into heaven, Then i believe there will be very very few that will be in heaven then, cause none of us serve him like the bible said we should...

So why is there going to be a judgement day...I believe from what i can tell from the bible, there will be those that have fallen very short on there service to him, & those will have no trophies & to me, those will be the people that came unto him & then donot serve him. But they still will enter in, but they will have a seat way in the back roll so to speak.

We all will face a very harsh judgement, but from what i see here that most are trying to say is acording to what is being said here, there will be none enter into heaven....cause no one serves the lord without falling way short.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willow, the judgment is for different kinds of people.

You speak the truth: There are those that sit in churches, and outside the buildings, you'd never know they ever sat in a church. These people will be judged.

There are Christians, who are without a doubt, Christians no matter where they are. These people will be judged.

And then, when we usually talk about the Judgment, we think of it in terms of the people who don't sit in churches, who deny Jesus, who say that God doesn't exist...these people will also be judged.

6. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

7. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

I heard a statistic that 8 of 10 or something like that of those who "get saved" come back to the Billy Graham crusades and "get saved" up to six or 8 times. Of course that doesn't say that the 2 that don't come back are all saved. My numbers may be off a bit but the gist is clear. These statistics come from a protestant evangelist named Ray Comfort out of California. So how many times can you get resaved and why weren't you saved in the first place? Evidently you don't really know you are saved if you have to come back 6 times and do it again.

Can't remember the name of the Church but in one year 250,000 people "got saved" nationwide in that denomination that was rather small. You would expect a significant growth in the denomination. About 10% was the growth.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

A Christian College Radio station had a report that in a survey done at Protestant churches 35% of people said they did NOT know how to become a Christian. (Must have been those Calvinist churches that don't give altar calls. [​IMG] Picking on Dr. Bob here! LOL)

If anyone doesn't know what they need to do to be saved..... there's a link on top of All Other Denominations or write me and I'll share with you!

Diane

9. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

By the way, Ray Comfort who is being plugged bigtime by the local protestant evengelical radio station says the only way you are really saved is if someone gives you the law first, convinces you you are a sinner, and then the Gospel. I have no problem with his approach (though much of his other doctrine) but how many Protestants are evengelized on the "Jesus loves you" approach. He says these think they are saved but their salvation probably didn't really take.

10. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Perhaps you could show me an altar call in the Bible. I don't see any. I do see 3000 being baptized in one day. Now that's how to get saved!

By the way "unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life within you" (John 6). Seems like that has something to do with salvation. Do you include it in your little infallible diddy you will give them.

Blessings

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sorry... when you get into that unbiblical rant all I hear is blah, blah, blah. I don't debate with Catholics. Period.

12. Eladar

Eladar New Member

I'm not Catholic. ;)

I really would appreciate an answer to this question Diane:

1 John 2:19 is about people who appear to be saved, but really are not. Do you believe that these people knew all along that they really didn't believe?

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you agree that there are those that wander off the path as opposed to those that "don't believe any more"?

I humbly suggest to you that if you have saving faith, you never lose that faith.

I've disappointed my earthly father by my wanderings, but I didn't stop being his son.

On the other side of the coin, I can step across the street and tell the guy there that I'm his son. That doesn't make me his son.

Understand?

14. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Diane,

Was that message for me? Surely you know that "unless you eat the flesh of man and drink his blood you shall not have life within you" is straight out of the Bible. John is not one of the books the reformers took it upon themselves to strip our last I checked.

God bless.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thessalonia,
    John 6: says:
    NO translation I could find used the words YOU used. I'm guessing it's a Catholic Bible?

Again, I will not debate with a Catholic because neither of us is going to change our beliefs. It's a waste of time when I could be sharing Jesus with someone who has not heard. However, my explanation of this verse completely differs with the Catholic view and YOU KNOW THAT so why bother asking??

Eating his flesh means accepting the blood sacrifice of Calvary. There is no mystical mumbo jumbo of the cup and wafer actually becoming the body and blood of Christ. Grape Juice and Crackers cannot save me from hell. Only salvation through accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior will do that. Communion does not save us. Baptism does not save us. Works do not save us... Only faith in Christ Jesus as Lord.

Again, I will not debate you. You can give your opinon if you want but it will not affect my belief in any way. Period.

Tuor MANY people think they're just fine and good. They've heard sermons and been in church their whole lives. That doesn't mean they've given their hearts to Jesus. I honestly believe there are those who attend church because 'that's what you're supposed to do' and not because they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. MANY, who attend churches that do not explain the plan of salvation, etc. will be shocked to find that being good is not enough! So, yes, there are many who will die and find their head knowledge was not enough.

Diane

16. Eladar

Eladar New Member

I agree that this is an accurate description of many in modern American churches, but I don't believe this is an accurate description of those described in 1 John. These people were converts who accepted Jesus on their own who later turned away from Jesus. Back then, becoming a Christian was never the socially acceptable thing to do.

17. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

"Eating his flesh means accepting the blood sacrifice of Calvary."

Interesting. I have never heard anyone put that spin on John 6 before. Though you know something.
    It has a distincly Catholic ring to it and I agree with it. THough not the rest of what follows. By the way we don't use crackers or grape juice and your right those won't save you. Neither will bread and wine. But the flesh and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ as food for our
    spiritual souls in this desert called life (kind a like the mana in the desert gave physical strength) now there's something that will save you. By the way, I had a Baptist pastor tell me that John 6 has nothing to do with the last supper. Do you agree or not?

I will pray that you open your heart to the truth. You are right, I cannot change your mind but just as the Lord Jesus entered the locked door of the upper room, so can he enter your heart and reveal this mystery of the Eucharist. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Blessings.

18. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Do you still get hungry after taking communion?

19. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

Do you agree that there are those that wander off the path as opposed to those that "don't believe any more"?

I humbly suggest to you that if you have saving faith, you never lose that faith.

I've disappointed my earthly father by my wanderings, but I didn't stop being his son.

On the other side of the coin, I can step across the street and tell the guy there that I'm his son. That doesn't make me his son.

Understand?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes Don: I do understand? And i believe you said you cannot lose your salvation...Amen!!

20. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

And the answer to the question is ---

100%

of all Baptists who don't

drink

smoke

chew

cuss

go to movies (especially them evil Harry Potter movies)

have long hair on men or short hair on wimmen in pants

use any other translation than the KJV AV 1611

be seen with papist friends.

(sorry, just couldn't resist a little jab)