1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What to do in an Obama World

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J.D., Jan 29, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You see, you guys are blaming Obama and the Democrats for fear mongering and don't realize your party is doing the exact same thing. In fact, it seems the GOP's best tactic is fear. It's how they campaign and it's how you're trying to counter the stimulus plan. I guess it's your only tool when you're the party who believes in doing nothing??? (but cutting taxes)

In 1981 Reagan cut taxes too far then ended up having to raise them in 1982. Tax cuts are not the ultimate answer.

And JWP, my responses are in response to the far right post here. I'm not saying what te Liberals are doing is the best solution but when they are the only ones with a plan (short of more tax cuts) then it's the one we have to go with. One thing Obama has right, these were the options this past election and American spoke loud and clear for the guys with the plan and not the ones offering more tax cuts.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, I looked but I think this sentence said it all...

Didn't have to go further than that to see where that was going. And no, it didn't prove the Democrats are to blame any more than it proved evangelicals who voted for Obama are going to hades... Those are Man's words and not Gods.

3. Creyn

Creyn New Member

For starters... I didn't write "that sentence". I happen to agree with it, but I didn't write it. Further, I don't see how you're using it to disprove the video which shows the Democrats, in their own words, with their own lying tongues, dismissing the concerns of Republicans about Fanny and Freddy, and refusing to act to regulate them better.

The DEMOCRATS, not Republicans, are to blame for the financial crisis and to give the ones who caused the problem free reign to fix it is the dumbest move American voters have ever made.

And, not to let you great liberal defenders get away with changing the subject but... A vote for Obama was a vote for abortion. I said it before, and I'll say it again: It was a central pillar of his campaign and very nearly the first thing he did in office was make abortions easier to get. Obama=Abortion and if you weren't too blinded by his substsanceless flash, OR if you agreed abortion is wrong, you wouldn't have voted for him. [EDIT] - nobody said you're going to hell... you were just wrong to vote for anyone who champions abortion.

But seriously... watch the video again... everyone, please. Nobody can say its NOT, exclusively, the Democrats brushing away concerns of Republicans about Fanny and Freddie. I guess I'll just keep posting it to make sure that everyone's seen it, and every cover and feint to try to cover their tracks is absent from this board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related

P.S. I love that the greatest Christian philosopher you can find to quote is Lionel Richie. Remind me, is his book before or after Hebrews?

#83 Creyn, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
  4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This seems more like a political thread.

5. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was not for President Bush's stimulus package either. I have come to realize that the folks who are in the cultish following of Obama and don't mind raising my taxes are probably not getting their taxes raised, they are the ones with their hand in my pocket via the govt. Must be nice to watch some else make a living for you.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How do I do it, easy? Fannie and Freddy are only part of the problem. I am not a Democrat and really have no problem saying fanny and freddie was part of creating this mess. However, the Republican's were are the wheel. Had control of both houses. Why didn't they get rid of it?

7. Creyn

Creyn New Member

ok FOR THE LAST TIMEdo you liberal defenders know what a supermajority is? If not, look it up. The Republicans NEVER had one, meaning SOME democrats had to change their vote in order for new regulatory legislation to pass.
    THEY DIDN'T

Watch the video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related

And Fanny and Freddy are the root of the problem, that's well established. No fair trying to change "what actually caused" this, now that we've proven it was the Democrats who made it happen.

And your idol The-Abortionist-In-Chief is part of that crowd. Shut your eyes to it if you like, but it won't change the facts.

#87 Creyn, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009