1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What to do when the pastor is a narcissist

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by gb93433, Mar 5, 2024.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am retired now and attend a church that eventually I suspected the pastor of being a covert narcissist. In private conversations he would make statement about some of the people in the church. I realized he was common to all that. The church is stagnated at this time and the spirit among the people has changed. Whenever I talked to him about things I could do to make a difference especially in the area of discipleship I got some strange feelings that he was avoiding that. I have developed a group of 15. Some of them are learners and others are those who are disciples who make disciples. Eventually I wrote down the things we talked about and what happened during our conversations. Eventually I realized he is a covert narcissist. At one time he had been on staff at a well known church noted for preaching the Bible. Not long ago some men in the church has asked my opinion of some of the things he told them and the questions they asked him. I realized some of the things he said is not in line with scripture and at times he twisted scripture to mislead people. After listening to some videos and reading on covert narcissism I realized every box could be checked especially when I listened to the video at

The church I attend is small and I don't think very many see what I do and so I am asking about what you think I should do. I know what 2 Timothy 3:1-5; Matthew 7:15-20 and 1 Timothy 5:19. Most of the evidence in what he said in private. The majority of people don't know their Bible very well.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You can delete the other and keep this one. The other is about something people should know but this one is asking for advice.