1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Voids Faith Today?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Enow, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Enow

Enow New Member

Not by the flesh in keeping that commitment to follow Christ. You either do it by faith in the Son of God in following Him, or He will wait till you give up being religious about your relationship to realize you are in a relationship.

That reference you used is not complete...

Phlippians 2: 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,.....

"Wherefore" is alluding what they have always obeyed towards verses 9-11. And now the incomplete verse...

....... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

I don't see alot of will of man nor any boast in the flesh in that. Here's why when we read on:

Philippians 2: 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Philippians 1:6 says He is.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

So this is how we run the race:

Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

That is why the just shall live by faith in Him for living as His as well as for eternal life.

Galatians 2: 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

John 1: 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Psalm 118: 8It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Psalm 100: 3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.