1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What was/is God doing

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Apr 22, 2024.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You continue to deny God is able to save every person He desires to be saved by using the means He has declared in His word…. The preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Instead, you have substituted the Truth of God’s Word for your man made philosophy that many are saved having never heard the gospel.

By doing so, you make a mockery of Christ’s sacrifice as not necessary for salvation, pushing Jesus from His throne and replacing Him with your man made philosophy of many are saved having never heard the gospel.

You deny the sovereignty of God. You deny the power of God. You deny the preeminence of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice.

You give the enemies of God great occasion to blaspheme our Lord Jesus with your man made philosophy.

peace to you

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am curious how God saving people by whatever means He chooses makes a mockery of the cross? Did I say that people were not saved through faith in the risen Christ, NO. But you continue to limit the ability of God to save those He chooses to save. So you make a mockery of the sovereignty of God.

If God does not change and He saved the OT saints without the gospel than do you think He has to abide by your calvinist theology?

FYI since you do not deny the calvinist theology it is just easy to refer to you by the theology you hold. Less confusing as there seems to be so many shades of calvinism it is hard to tell what each person calls themselves.

You keep saying that God can't save outside the gospel but you have yet to show any scripture that excludes Him saving those that trust in Him via other means like creation, the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Look at Matthew 11:25-30 and note what it says in vs 28 & 29 "Come to Me", "Take My yoke", "learn from Me". Now what rest was Christ offering here? Rest from working or rest in God?

The Father reveals Himself to the Son, and the Son reveals Himself and the Father to those who are willing to come to the Son in faith. These verses indicate both the sovereignty of the Father and the responsibility of the sinner.
    Wiersbe

Christ invites all who are weary of the slavery of sin, and desire to be in a state of reconciliation with God, to come to Him or to believe in Him. Did this happen prior to or subsequent to the cross? Were they hearing the gospel message or an invitation to trust in God?

3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You continue to deny God is able to do exactly what He states in scripture.. that He will bring every person that is going to be saved into His grace through the message of the gospel.. Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

I am not surprised that you cannot comprehend why saying many are saved having never heard the gospel makes a mockery of Jesus’s sacrifice, even though Ive explained it to you several times now.

It just proves you are steadfast in your man made philosophy that calls God and His Word a liar, denying His power and sovereignty to use the gospel of Jesus to save all who are going to be saved.

peace to you

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet you can not provide any scripture to support your position.

You notice I do not deny salvation through faith in the risen Son but you continue to deny that God is actually sovereign over His choice of why He will save.

What you call an explanation is nothing more than you saying this is what calvinism teaches so it must be right so just trust me.

Why will you not let God be God? You say God is sovereign but then add but only on my terms.

Do you in your arrogance think you can tell Him whom and how He can save. I understand that is what calvinist's want us to accept but that view is not biblical.

@canadyjd there is more to the bible than your calvinist proof texts, you should try reading them.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Silverhair there is more to the Bible than your man made philosophy that denies the necessity of the gospel for salvation.

How very generous of you to acknowledge God might use the gospel to bring people to salvation in some cases. Wow!!

Scripture declares it is the ONLY way to salvation, but you have substituted the Truth of scripture for the lie of man made philosophy.

Your man made philosophy has completely blinded you to the truth of God’s Word.

This is a futile discussion. I think I’ve had enough for now.

peace to you

6. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can see that you do not read what I post.

I see that you still deny the sovereignty of God.

Yes God does use the gospel to draw people but you deny Him the ability to draw by other means. Shocking that a Christian would limit the love and mercy of God in salvation. But you do so that you can support your calvinism.

7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    having known that, not with corruptible things -- silver or gold -- were ye redeemed from your foolish behaviour delivered by fathers [Beginning with Adam], but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and unspotted -- Christ's -- foreknown, indeed, before the foundation of the world, and manifested in the last times because of you, 1 Peter 1:18-20

Why before he was created, in the image of his Creator, was he going need to be redeemed?
    Redeemed from what?

Rom 5:12 YLT because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, < Of which the foundation had just been down laid]
    and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;

Was the sin and the death all ready on the earth of which the foundation of the world had been laid?

What is man?
    Why was man made a little lower than the angels?
    Was it because of the death brought about by the sin?

Here is a thought in a question.

When did the age of sin and death begin? What did it begin with?

he who is doing the sin, of the devil he is, because from the beginning the devil doth sin; for this was the Son of God manifested, that he may break up the works of the devil; 1 John 3:8 YLT

Again I ask; What is man?

in these last days did speak to us in a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make the ages;

I wonder how many ages there are?

Interesting:
    And Jesus answering said to them, 'The sons of this age [?] do marry and are given in marriage, but those accounted worthy to obtain that age [?], and the rising again that is out of the dead, neither marry, nor are they given in marriage; for neither are they able to die any more -- for they are like messengers -- and they are sons of God, being sons of the rising again.

I wonder if there are others?