1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What was that about Jesse Ventura?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 9, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

As former Governor, Ventura may be the highest level official in the United States to take 9/11 truth questions seriously, yet his enduring popularity and success as a celebrity, wrestler, Hollywood star, Navy SEAL and even Harvard professor make him more difficult to diffuse and ignore than celebrities who have previously come forward or Congressmen who have flirted with raising questions.

The Associated Press ran a story last week about Ventura’s 9/11 comments following an appearance on the Alex Jones Show that has now exploded into a frenzy of coverage as he makes the rounds to promote his book Don’t Start the Revolution Without Me, a title that may prove to be more than just rhetoric.

Full Article...

I know...crazy isn't it? A man with his credentials questioning the offificial theory?

Amazing that Hannity didn't start attacking him right off the bat. Hannity intimdated by a "truther" ? I know...crazy isn't it?

#1 poncho, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Need ten letters to bump.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Isn't Jesse a guest lecturer at Harvard, not a prof?

And his credentials? What are his scientific credentials? His knowledge of physics? He's a politician who used to be an actor/wrestler. He also has a penchant for narcisissm. He's liberterian in name only. He advocates big brother type policies when they suit him, and he believes no liberterian should support anything but an open border since that would deny liberty to all who would come into our country.

I liked Jesse as a wrestler and an actor. I even liked the novelty of his campaign. But his denial of core Constitutional principles, his love of his own voice, his inability to deal with anyone who would dare disagree with him, and his speak first and think later mentality alienated me. He just can't seem to let facts get in the way of good rhetoric, and I'm just not wild about that. I know, I know...I'm in the minority :)

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Show me who amongst us is perfect Tom. If I picked my friends by your standards I wouldn't haven't any...I only got a couple as it is.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

While I agree with Venturra's stand on 9-11....
    I regret the opportunities he's had to make other impressive stands but has not.

But now a little controversy will serve to get free press for his book.

It's doubtful we'll ever have the real story on 9-11.

It's also questionable that there's enough influence between those of us watching the demise of our constitution upon those who can't see the forest for the trees, that we'll wake up intime to exert the peacable power the people of this nation could exercise.

Liberty without law is anarchy. We've been bless to start out as a nation with laws... and the foundation of our laws was the Constitution... and the foundation of our rights in the Constitution was the Bible.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

People would rather be warm safe and fed than be free so long as they can still think they're free I reckon. Questioning authority and the official theory isn't freedom these days it's "fringe extremism" you've all heard the propaganda heads on the tv talking about it. And those that maybe or might practice it maybe or could become dangerous "domestic threats" to the state. (status quo)

Of course they didn't word it quite that way but that's about the jist of it.

That's why the state (bipartisan support) approved H.R. 1955 doncha know. It fears an awkening population and is getting it's boot ready to grind in our faces. To keep "order" and "peace" in society. Not to mention to protect itself from our how should I say... our righteous and constitutionally protected indignation.

#6 poncho, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reconsidered

#7 Revmitchell, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  8. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

RE: H.R.1955-->

This definition is troublesome: "The term `violent radicalization' means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change." Troublesome because, who defines what constitutes "an extremist belief system"?
    BUT, this: (Sec 899B, Findings) "8) Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States should not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents."....doesn't this effectively protect, say-- the average Baptist, from any kind of abuse of the law?

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

It is a troubling and unclear statement.
    Is it saying "Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States will recognize and not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.

OR

Is it saying that 'any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States does not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.". [my words to clarify a certain ambiguance in meaning]