1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's up with the NASB now?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by 3John2, Nov 29, 2003.

1. 3John2

3John2 New Member

I wanted to buy a study bible for a gift this Christmas. I went to the local Christian book store & I was looking for a New Open Bible in NASB. They told me they are no longer being made. He said someone had bought the rights to the NASB so it would no longer be available in the different study bibles such as Open, Thompson etc. Does anyone know if that is true? Also what happened to the Open bible? It used be one of my favorites & last time I checked the "new & updated" one had a lot of study notes etc. What I liked about it was it's LACK of study notes. I LOVE & I do mean REALLY LOVE it's cross reference system as well as it's Cyclopedic Index. I feel the notes have made it like most theologically based as opposed to a non theologically based bible.

2. Marathon Man

Marathon Man New Member

Not sure what the answer to your question is. I've wondered myself why the MacArthur Bible, in particular, hasn't been published in the Updated NASB, as that appears to be his preferred translation.

Sorry, wish I knew the answer to your question myself.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

As far as I know, Lockman Foundation still has the rights to the NASB.

The MacArthur study bible is produced by Thomas Nelson. Nelson has the rights to the NKJV. Therefore, the study Bible is in NKJV.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know, either. However, just about any BV you could want is available on Ebay, Barnes & Noble, or Amazon dot comm.

5. A&I

A&I New Member

John MacArthur is going to be on our local Christian radio talk show soon .I am going to ask him why his Study Bible isn;t in NASB or ESV .And if he has plans to put in out in one of these versions .