1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When commentators quote more than "reporters"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Scott J, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday, I read a wire story that basically repeated the liberal line about WMD's. It cited conversations recorded in the mountain of tapes and documents that has been analyzed since their capture and partially released recently. Well, they cited conversations that would support the notion that Bush made up intelligence saying that Saddam had WMD's.

In steps a commentator from a San Antonio newspaper:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/stories/MYSA032206.02O.gurwitz.7224cb6.html

He gives the complete story and included many more quotes than the "reporter" for a major newswire. IOW's, the "news story" is filled with opinion and selective fact mining while the opinion piece supports its conclusions from the data with respect to the context of the whole.

Liberal reporters are selecting what they think are the "important" facts to pass on to the public... but that selection is biased... and they are so blind to themselves that they may not even be recognizing they're doing it.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I have never thought that Bush lied it's very disconcerting that our intelligence agencies, as well as those of other countries, got it wrong. And now thousands of American service personnel and their families, and tens of thousands of Iraqis and their families, have paid the price for the intelligence agencies' mistake.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ron Paul

Not only did they document it but they documented it all well before 911 and the GWOT. To bad so called conservatives choose to hide from this truth.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Uh-huh, but where is the link to the awful liberal "news story" (note the scare quotes)?

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have it. It was the newstory from AP that came up on iwon.com. They don't archive as far as I know.

It is an AP story.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Oh.

Ok, no actual source to compare...just your rant.

Oh well, usually wire stories usually are short and concise, just the facts, Ma'am, without analysis.

I find it peculiar that you would call AP a "liberal" source. As near as I can make out, you seem to consider anything except an enthusiastic embrace of right-wing propaganda to be liberal.

As for two contradictory stories (no source so it's hard to tell), it may be that the month lapse in between them might have had different information released. I know that the recent report analysing the DOD interviews with Gitmo prisoners is about a week old.