1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did you vote?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 31, 2008.

?
  1. I voted by absentee mail in ballot

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. I went to one stop early voting at designated sites.

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I will vote/voted on election Tuesday.

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  4. I will not/did not vote in this election.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I will always vote on election day. If information about a candidate that in my mind disqualifies him/her at the last minute then my vote will be cast for the one that qualifies.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sadly enough, it is usually after the election that they become disqualified.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

So True. However that is why God's Word instructs us to pray for them. :praying:

4. thomas not doubting

thomas not doubting New Member

Here we have three options for voting: mail in ballot, early voting and the traditional stand in line on Nov. 4. I voted via mail in ballot.

The mail in ballot and early voting are both new options since the last presidential election. One of my co-workers told me that in the 2004 election, he waited three hours in line to vote.

I've never had a wait nearly that long. In 2004 I was on a different work schedule. I got off work at 3:15 PM and was at the polling place by 4 PM. I only had to wait a couple of minutes (the after work crowd had not come in yet).

This year I wouldn't be able to get to the polling place till about 5:30. However I bypassed all that with the mail-in. I'm signed up for permanent mail in ballot. I'd much rather pay the 59 cents in postage and fill in the ballot at my convienence rather than take my chances standing in line for an hour or two or longer.

Up in the city limits of Denver (I live in the suburbs) they have a much longer wait on voting. I can remember in the 2006 elections, hearing on the news that some people waited past midnight. Mail in ballots were an option then but most did not take advantage of it.

In the 1988 presidential election I remember having to stand in line for 2 hours with my dad. that was by far the longest I've ever waited.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I voted on "Election Day", just as I have done for almost 40 years on every election, be it a 'primary' ro a 'general' election, with the one exception of when I was unavoidable in a hospital, and actually, was not released quite quick enough to participate in one basically meaningless primary, last year, although had I actually been released in a timely manner, as I was supposed to be, I would have participated in that one, as well.

Ed