1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When It Comes to Executive Orders, Obama is a Lightweight!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as the GOP continues as the party of "No" and not one of negotiation and compromise what you say will continue. Politics is the art of compromise.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabby has not watched the news lately. The President has been nothing but unwilling to compromise from the first day he got in office. Remember that big televised meeting with both sides there where he said the Republicans "can come along for the ride but they will have to sit in the back of the bus" ? He had not been in office 6 months yet.

Obama is the President of "No!"

Crabby you will have to forgive me. I did not mean to confuse you with facts.

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you find the facts you will find they agree with me. The GOP had a secret meeting, that was leaked, before Obama took office in 2008 and agreed they would oppose everything he proposed regardless of whether they really liked the idea or not. They have followed that policy.

Do you remember when McConnell proposed a straight up or down vote on debt ceiling thinking the Democrats would oppose this idea. When they accepted his proposal he then immediately turned around and filibustered his own, just proposed idea?

Here are more examples:

http://farangbaa.com/republicans-oppose-their-own-ideas-if-obama-supports-them

http://swampland.time.com/2010/02/16/health-care-republicans-oppose-their-own-idea/

http://www.dailynexus.com/2012-04-01/party-managed-oppose-idea/

#23 Crabtownboy, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not having been in office for 6 months Obama told the Republicans that they could come along for the ride but they would have to sit in the back of the bus.

Now there is the facts.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev. you are proving the opposite. If you are on the bus at least you can have input and influence. If you refuse to ride and simply say "No" you have no influence ... just look foolish, especially when you have to contradict yourself five minutes after you have proposed something.

I don't blame Obama. If they will not negotiate. If they only say "No", forget them and publish executive orders and make them look foolish in their whining and childish behavior. The American voter is not stupid. The GOP is being marginalized in the view of the majority of Americans and they are doing it to themselves. This is tragic as we need two viable parties.

What is your opinion on the GOP opposing their own ideas if Obama accepts them?

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop right there. Aside from the racist undertone of such a statement (no suprise there) being in the back of the bus means to sit down and shut up. It does not mean influence.

Obama has set the tone and gave clear indication that he did not intend to work with Republicans. Any meeting by Republicans after that was in response to this. Your spin here looks foolish.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "No" to Communism. "No" to Sodomy. "No" to murder.

God is the God of "No." No murder, no oppression, no adultery, no sodomy, and above all, no false witness.

Doesn't sound like CBT likes this God.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politics is the description of who may be deprived of life, liberty or property, and by whom.

I think CBT's political leanings warrant a prison cell, but I'll compromise, I'll just fine him a million dollars a day till all his assetts are consumed and he's homeless.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Too late the republicans and democrats beat you to it their working to tax and control him until he's homeless and enslaved.

Viva La REPUBLICRATS! Or it that DEMOPUBLICANS? Hmmm.

I got it Viva La Tyranny!

#29 poncho, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
  10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely, I Don't Disagree with You...

...I just wanted to show that compared to other US presidents, Obama has barely broke the sound barrier of the EO!

However, you are correct. For instance, his recent Dream Act was total disregard to the laws of this nation and illegal immigration.

And I predict he will pass an EO allowing gays to marry. Just wait and see....:thumbs:

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he ordered the epa to enact draconian emissions control on coal fired plants. Since he couldn't get "cap and trade" through Congress he enacted Cap without the trade through the EPA.

This alone will put thousands out of work and potentially triple everyone's electric bill.

He doesn't care.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We can wait - but it ain't gonna happen - no way, no how. Mark it down.

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I.....

....hope you are right! :thumbs: