1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Will Obama's Wave Crash?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Because the democrats award very few states' delegates "winner take all," any lead is much harder to overcome, because the delegates are awarded proportionately.

Furthermore, several states left are thought to be near locks for Obama.

I believe it was NBC that said that Hillary needs to have double-digit wins in most of the remaining states to make up the deficit in delegates.

If the states were "winner take all" like the republicans, the lead would be nearly insignificant.

One thing, though: If Hillary can take the fight regarding the Michigan and Florida delegates (right now, per both candidates' agreements, they will not be seated at the convention) and get the delegates seated (she won both states handily), this becomes a different race.

But I doubt that happens. If Obama finishes with a lead in states won, overall popular vote, and pledged delegates.......and the party gives the nod to Hillary anyway (through "superdelegates" or "creative counting" of MI and FL delegates).......it would split the party wide open and give the presidency to John McCain.

This happened in Alabama years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Hunt

Read the "election as governor." Amazing parallel, and the upset here was unprecedented. I can't imagine the Democrats on the national level doing something this stupid, though. It would be political suicide.

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This blog sarcastically asks the question about Obama being a messiah and the view of the blogger is that he is not.

I don't see much difference between Obama's rise to popularity and the rise of any other politician.

#22 Gold Dragon, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I didn't say the blogger did. Others have or he would not of made his blog.

Google it, this is just one of many.

BBob,

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He has a smooth tongue alright, His accomplishments??? is another story.

BBob,

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think it was from cancer operation, not sure.

BBob,

6. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I find it interesting that people talk so much of change, and political cleanup, but only when their person is elected. When it is someone you don't prefer, the talk is "when will the wave crash", or "how long before people turn on him".

Are you not willing to work with the leader God puts in place? Or do you only want the other side to change into you?

I think, like most of us, that Barack is most likely the next President. But I sure won't bad mouth him because I didn't vote for him. I'll pray for him that good things happen to our country as a result of his presidency, just as I wished more good things would've happened under Bush's presidency (not saying that NOTHING good happened though).

7. grace56

grace56 New Member

Obama votes to the left of Hillary so in a sense I'd rather have Hillary then Obama. Am I the only one that thinks Christians need to put the Right to Life issues first? Obama even votes for partial birth abortions!

grace56

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, no one is supposed to judge someone's character and discuss it to find out what is true and what is not before voting? That would be some election of freedom, just go with the flow. I don't go with the flow, but make my own decision on all the information I can find out about someone, before voting. I think that is what a "well informed voter" should do. :BangHead:

BBob,

9. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I agree. But my point is when the person you vote for doesn't win. The comments in the OP sound like little jabs thrown about a candidate they don't approve of. The OP didn't seem like reviewing someone's character, but "prophesying" his meltdown if and when he becomes president. When the time comes for the new president, will you accept that new person? Or will you starting waiting for faults, or backstabbing?

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It will all depend on what he does in office, if he gets it. I disapprove of the war in Iraq, but still not ready to vote for Obama, for several other reasons. I simply do not think he is ready to be president. The news media have made a "rock star" out of him, and I do not hear any substance. He says he will pull out of Iraq, but would bomb Pakistan. I suspect we would still be in the same mess, if we bombed Pakinstan, and they have nukes.

[​IMG]
    "Sen. John McCain of Arizona, close to clinching the GOP nomination, called Sen. Barack Obama 'naive' today and...blasted him for advocating a bombing of Al Qaeda hide-outs in Pakistan," the Los Angeles Times reports. "The best idea is not to...

BBob,

#30 Brother Bob, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Great point.

You know I never see in the Scriptures that Christians are to publicly criticize their leaders and tear them down.

I only see that our response to be discerning in our choices and pray for those in place.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you think they were praying for the leader of Rome, while Jesus was being crucified. We must use the brain the Lord give us. I don't think we should pray for the devil, if he comes in power.

BBob,

13. dan e.

dan e. New Member

This is my issue. It appears, at least at the moment, that Obama is the favorite...and you're comparing him to the devil???

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

This post directly contradicts Scripture.

15. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I just feel like the attitude of the OP was in anxious anticipation of the supposed "prophecies" of the waves crashing down on Obama; if people are truly looking for change, hope, and political cooperation we ought to be praying for and talking about the good things we want to happen no matter who is the president.

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I don't think his "wave" will crash any more so than any other President. They all promise us the world while running and never deliver. Look at any one of them.

How many people here voted for Bush not once, but twice... and have been let down? There are a number of people that voted for him the second time ONLY because of who he was running against, NOT because they believed in him.

If Obama becomes the next President, he will do some things right... something wrong.. People will like him.. People will not like him...

After all said and done we will face the next WH election with the same passion, only to settle again... The cycle starting all over again...

Jamie

17. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

How is this different than people thinking Bush was the messiah?

Linkie

You will find that all people have a following that goes beyond normal.. that doesn't change who Obama is, it's only a direct reflection of those people that think he is the messiah.

Jamie

18. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

He will be as powerful as God allows.... God is in control. :)

Maybe the endtimes are near and we can celebrate with each other and our Lord vers talking with each other on the BB everyday! :jesus:

Jamie
    Coming quickly my Lord... come quickly.

19. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

After 2009, he can add the title of POTUS to his resume. That's an accomplishment in and of itself.

People are so willing to think Obama can't do anything just because he don't have a long list of what they would consider accomplishments. All one has to do is look at his website to see he has done a lot for himself and his family and in the short time as Senator he has done what he can. I believe he will prove alot of people wrong, he will help this country rebuid itself.

I would have much rather had Ron Paul in office, but given he won't win and of the choices.. I would much rather see Obama in office then the three running.

Also, we must always remember that God is in control. If he wins, then it's God's will. Nothing happens without God.

Jamie

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Very well said!

Jamie