1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When you begin believing your own propoganda

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Mar 5, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is what happens when you start believing your own fiction. Or when you go by rumors instead of reading for yourself.

http://www.marinij.com/opinion/ci_11812088

2. targus

targus New Member

Is it named in the bill - no.

But is it in the bill? I guess that we will know for sure if they start building it.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He looked... His staffer looked... They no can find it...

There were many things the right kept saying was in the bill that simply wasn't there. There was the c0nd0m complaint that was really for HIV prevention and Rev's favorite was Pelosi's mice which was really a very small part of a huge project which would "and oh, also benefit these mice". The problem is when you get accustomed of lying and twisting of facts, you begin to believe them yourself...

4. targus

targus New Member

Like I said, just because it isn't "named" in the bill doesn't mean it's not in there.

Kind of like the IRS regulations. It can be worded in such a way that only one specific company, project or area will fit the highly detailed restrictions or conditions.

And like I said, we will know that is was in the bill if they start to build it.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Talk about Alarmist... :thumbsup:

6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey LeBuick, This is what happens when the democrats push the vote on the bill before anyone can read it.

peace to you:praying:

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

So she trusted someone as to it's content. The record is straight now and the correction was made by her own team.

This looks like the stimulus bill. It's 647 pages but does have rather wide margins. I found it on the Huffington Post.

8. targus

targus New Member

No alarmism at all.

Obviously you have no up close experience with the tax code or you would have understood my analogy.

With the spending bill - a sentence from one section - combined with a sentence from another seemingly unrelated section can create a whole new meaning.

That's what makes not reading the bill before signing so absurd.

Like I said, just because something is not "named" in the bill does not mean that it is not in there.

These guys don't mark their earmarks with red stickers anymore. They are more sophisticated in wording them now.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Libbies are having trouble with all the lies told by Odrama so they are fabricating lies by Repubs.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I perfectly understood your analogy, however, thinking like that is how an HIV prevention provision became known as buying condoms and how the portion of the bill that gives incentives for buying hybrids and electric vehicles became exclusively associated with the neighborhood electric vehicle.

There is never a good intention that can't be twisted or interpreted to justify wrong. But was wrong the true intent of the good intentions, probably not. Case and point... Clinton didn't foresee all those sub-prime loans when he wanted low income American's to own a home just as Bush didn't intend to send American jobs overseas when he gave that tax break for money made internationally.

Just as you can't blame the gun for the murder it is equally wrong to blame the legislation if used in an unintended way.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

We don't have to fabricate lies, this article shows they have fabricated so many of their own the Republican's don't know fact from fiction. It is fair to criticize with actual facts but when you are condemning something from some fictional understanding you have, well that is just wrong. This is why I said we (Christians) should seek to know TRUTH and how we should hold those who spread these untruths feet to the fire.

12. targus

targus New Member

All irrelvant...

We are talking about building a high speed rail from Disneyland to Las Vegas.

And we will know that it was in there when they start to build it.

Or will that merely be a coincidence?

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It is very relevant... The right calling the high speed rail project the train from Disneyland to Las Vegas is a good example of what I am saying. You guys imply this will be a non-stop train taking folks only from Disney Land strait to Vegas. No stops in between... No other benefit for the project, just taking folks from Disney to Vegas...

Are you at all interested in the truth or do you want to continue to spread the conservative translation of the facts?

Here is the truth. The stimulus bill approved money for light rail projects, however, there is no specific project attached to the money. The train from Anaheim to Las Vegas is one of many project who could receive some of the funding. The right picked Reid and began saying the $8 Billion is exclusively for the Anaheim to Las Vegas project which simply isn't true. It is again an example of how when you keep twisting the facts people will start believing lies are truth. I think as Christians we should seek to know the truth.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/22/vegas-midwest-seek-slices-billion-high-speed-trains/

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Keep repeating it you may actually believe if you say it enough.

15. targus

targus New Member

I am implying no such thing.

I am simply saying that who ever it is that wants this particular rail line will probably be able to see that it co-incidentially happens.

No doubt all of them will be able to see that their particular pet project will be funded will all the dollars that they are making available to themselves.

When they are handing out billions of dollars to themselves without having to specify the use it all amounts to nothing but earmarks.

This billion is for this politician to do as he sees fit to reward or bribe who ever he chooses and this billion is for this politician to do the same, and so on, and so on, and so on.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I believe in TRUTH... I believe... It was TRUTH that made me free...

17. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one around here! :laugh:

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Again, you are not stating facts. You are saying what PROBABLY will happen. I'm so glad Jesus didn't say why bother to die since they will PROBABLY revert back to sin. He would have been right you know.

Sorta, I will give you this one because we were told we were funding "shovel ready" projects. Something I don't hear the right saying that I think would be a fair statement is that funding projects that are not currently "shovel ready" will not produce any current stimulus and might have the bidders inflate the asking price since they know what's in the pot.

Not as closely as the right is watching, it would be political suicide to take advantage of this money with all the eyes on it. Want proof? Why do you think there were close to 10K earmarks in the next bill? a bill that WON'T be watched as closely.