1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you sit?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Gib, Jan 16, 2005.

?
  1. Front

56.3%
  2. Back

25.0%
  3. Middle

2.1%
  4. Choir

16.7%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

At the old building I sat on the left side, 3rd row back (there were only 4 rows on that side of the church because the bathrooms were behind that)

In the building we've been at the past year, I sit on the right side in the 2nd pew, which some might call the 1st row since the one in front of it is a shorter pew.

I sit on the right side with our preacher, and my dad (who is a deacon) sits on the left side. My mother, grandmother, and my nephew sits behind him, usually.

All of this is more out of convenience than anything.

I like to sit up front for a number of reasons.

1) I get more out of the preaching if I don't have distractions in front of me.

2) I am usually asked to lead songs so it is easier just to be upfront already.

3) Same as above when asked to pray.

4) Same as above when asked to introduce services for the preacher.

When we have a number of visitors, who knows where everyone will sit. Although, for some reason, they never take my spot up front. Go figure. [​IMG]

2. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

I just gotta know: how many of you sat in school like you do now in church?? I always sat in front in school and now I do the same thing in church. What say you all?!

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

4. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Random bit of information for ya- the right side of your brain controls the left side of your actions- if you are left-handed, then you are "right-minded", and vice versa... [​IMG]

5. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Random bit of information for ya- the right side of your brain controls the left side of your actions- if you are left-handed, then you are "right-minded", and vice versa... [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Really? :eek: I was just thinking off the top of my head too. :D When I was a kid I mostly sat on the right side of the room guess that explaines the grades I got? [​IMG] BTW, ~JIFP~ Thanks for the left sided info. [​IMG]

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

In school, I sat wherever they told me to sit! :(

7. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I've decided to move around each week to a different part of the church. So far, it has been very enlightening, especially, the balcony. Discovered that each section and its people have a personality of their own.

8. Kayla

Kayla New Member

In school I sit by my friends, as I do in church.

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

My first thing is to get to church early enough to get A SEAT at all. Have stood outside on more than one occasion.

The pews are a penance but by gumbo the kneelers are a trial. It is hot with the bodies packed in but what the hey I love our wee church!!!

And I have to park a block away..... [​IMG]

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

As the preacher at my church - I don't often sit.

On the last Sunday of the month - when my head deacon preaches - I sit with my wife - if she's in church.

When we have guest speakers - I also sit with my wife!

11. webdavis

webdavis New Member

I am 6'9'', so I sit in the back to avoid harming others' view.