1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which Church would you join Church A or Church B

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DeaconPhil, Mar 23, 2011.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sounds like my church, except we are not standoffish, we are very warm and friendly. We are KJVO, and it fit me well because I have never had a different Bible version in 58 years of life, and my Southern Baptist Daddy was KJVO for as long as I can remember! Anyway, my IFB preaches CHRIST and also preaches against the bondage of sin in excess of alcohol, the wrong television, music, or movies, and anything else which is worldly and takes you away from Christ!!! We have traditional hymns, a choir, and we have LOVE and FELLOWSHIP. I visited my son's "liberal" church and after hearing a watered-down sermon, I was sad, because I realized his Pastor knows less Bible than I do.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Just good ole Bible, truth that stings.

:smilewinkgrin:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To you, a member - but what about visitors?
    When I worked at a radio station I visited several churches incognito - one who said they were friendly - but were not so! The most friendliest churches were liberal ones:tear:

Interesting WHY you are KJO - and your Dad - could be there basically were no other versions - so he may not have been KJO, but KJBH - King James by habit

So you are saying that your pastor does not disapprove of a little wine? :smilewinkgrin:[/QUOTE]

3. DeaconPhil

DeaconPhil Member
    Site Supporter

I think I have caused the Pastor B to look harder at his TR/KJV belief system. We've excahnged debates through Facebook PM's and Tuesday night we spent an hour on the phone debating. I wish I was stronger at my facts so I could convince him away from his TR/KJV position, but no such luck. I am flatered though that he is still trying to reach out to me. He told me whatever I decide I am welcome to visit him at his office anytime.

I went to Church A last night for Wednesday Bible Study and Pastor A gave the best sermon I've heard him give, so maybe Salty you are right him trying to be comfortable and connecting with the church till he can preach meatier subjects. Again, the people were very nice to me and waving and saying hi to me even as I was trying to head out quickly. I get the idea that Church A is a very tight congregation, like one big family.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor of B is part of the kjvonly sect and yet you call him a "deep thinker"?? What a sad farce.

"A" without a second thought.

5. DeaconPhil

DeaconPhil Member
    Site Supporter

Trust me Pastor B is a "deep thinker". I know it sounds like an anamoly, but it's true. He's researching the TR/KJV position harder now, because he told me he was going to do a series on it in church. I'm just praying that through his research God would open his eyes to the errors in the TR/KJV only camp.

6. Ternera

Ternera New Member

If there are absolutely no other choices, I will pick church B, and this is why:

I have no problem with it, as I prefer KJV.

The ice will melt with the time.

I like it better than contemporary music.

As someone mentioned, as long as he does not tink that wearing skirts and abstaining from alcohol leads to salvation. However, I must wear pants at work, so it may be an issue.

This is extremely important for me.

See 5.

7. DeaconPhil

DeaconPhil Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks Ternera! I appreciate your opinion!

I wanted to add that I am not "against" the KJV translation. It is the translation I grew up with and memorized scripture in. I think Pastor B takes his position further than just prefering the KJV. They have in their constitution in the first paragraph their position on the TR and KJV as if it's a doctrinal postion which is the main reason why I have the hesitation that I do. Because if it were just that he "prefered" the KJV, I would probably be going to Church B now. This has been very frustrating.