1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whiplash at AP: Economy, 'Really Durable' Last Week, Now 'Has Been Flagging For Month

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chickens came home to roost yesterday at the Associated Press. The AP, the economy's most consistent cheerleader when a Democrat is in office, has not only been ignoring and downplaying the significance of disappointing and negative reports for several months, pinning its claim that all is well on the streak of seasonally adjusted 200,000-plus job gains seen during the past 14 months. It has also been pretending that all is really well. Just a week ago, the wire service's Martin Crutsinger falsely touted how the economy's "growth spurt" since the recession ended 5-1/2 years ago, while "sluggish," has been "one of the most durable since World War II." The bloom fell off that rose — or, I should say, ruse — yesterday, as the Labor Department reported that the economy added just 126,000 jobs in March, and revised January and February down by a combined 69,000. Economics reporter Josh Boak opened his Friday afternoon report by telling readers that "For months, the U.S. economy's strength has been flagging." In other words, "My colleagues and I have been pretending 'for months,' and we can't keep up appearances any more." -

See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-bl...ek-now-has-been-flagging#sthash.nx0ueLkY.dpuf

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what they'll say next month when the hiring is 250,000? March was an unusually bad month for weather, lot of snow in the Northeast. People don't go looking for jobs during blizzards.