1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are you witnessing too?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Calvin12, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Calvin12

Calvin12 New Member

Who are you witnessing too lately?

What have they done that you felt was hopefull?

How are they resisting?

What are your concerns and prayer requests for this person?

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

A good question that we should be asking ourselves alot more of. I tried to share Jesus with my neighbour recently and it did not go real well. She pretty much laughed at the idea of going to church. Yet she has some pretty serious problems in her life and I know that Jesus is the answer for her.

I witness whenever the opportunity comes, yes I stuff it up, but sometimes I dont and I can share that I have been successfull on a couple of occasions.

I am praying for her that God will help me to get past the front that she puts up so that we can discuss what the real issues are.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I witnessed today to an older Catholic lady from Portugal who has a very ill husband. She put up no resistance but falls back on the Catholic answers to everything. :( Her name is Luisa.

Diane

4. rufus

rufus New Member

I am witnessing to many families who have lost loved ones in death, for I am a pastor and a funeral director.

Many have told me that I said things they've never heard before and some of them now attend the church I pastor.

Some are resisting by refusing to accept Christ and others are too busy with families, work, etc.

I have many concerns and prayer requests, unspoken in this forum.

5. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

Rufas,
    You may have a little more unique witnessing method due to you dual vocations. Could you share with us a little please how you witness.I don't know how everybody else feels but I say any time you can add to your toolbox makes you a more effective carpenter.

6. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

I witness to my family. I witness lately a lot in doctors offices and leave tracts. I witness to many people I come in contact with in general.