1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who first published Sweet Songster and Thomas Hymnals

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Brother Bob, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Bethelassoc;
    Thanks very much.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: Who published the Sweet Songster and Thomas Hymnals?

I just ordered one each of the SS and TH....Tracy put the check in the mail monday evening to go to Bro Frank Blevins. He was supposed to pick up 100 each the first of this week. Yaaay!! I have been wanting these for a while now, and I had just about given up hope. Bro Frank also stated that the publishers were binding either 100 or 150 more of each....he didn't say when those would be ready, though. If anyone is interested in getting some of these, PM me, and I will give you his home phone #. He told me that he used to be lucky to sell 100 each each year, but anymore, they go out as fast as he gets them in...even mails them to Canada. There is a song in the TH that is song # 444, "Besides the Gospel Pool" that is so beautiful. Brother Gregg Lewis, from Indian Bottom Asociation of ORBs, mails me CDs of their services from time to time, and Bro Gary Compton lined this song on one of the CDs, and I thought it was so beautiful!! It is sung the same way you'd line "The Day is Past and Gone". Well, I guess I will jump off. Remember, if anyone wants Bro Frank's #, PM me.

Willis