Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 20, 2004.
Have you been snipped or edited by a moderator or administator in the Versions/Translations Forum?
I have been snipped or edited several times, and I'm not whining about it. It happens to many. So, what's the big deal???
I had an entire thread deleted before I started moderating. Did I think it was right? No.
But, as you said - whats the big deal?
you are searching for verifiable facts. This poll I fear will remain one sided as the other side do not readily answer direct questions. By the way I have been snipped several times and each time it was justified.
I have <snipped> and editted my own posts, esp after being graciously pointed out by other Moderators how nasty I can get!!
And Pastor Bob just closed one of my threads after only THREE pages. Persecuted-R-Us.
Well, so far there are six of us who do not consider ourselves KJVO who have been snipped.
I was snipped once as well. I certainly have made a few statements that I shouldn't have - but my statement which was snipped was, I thought, quite appropriate. Oh well.
I have been snipped or edited several times. On a small number of occaisions have disagreed with the edit and sought mediation from another moderator. In the big scheme of things, it ain't my board, and I gotta play by the rules. Most of the edits were not for any intentional violation. I agree with the others that getting snipped is no big deal.
I've been edited once, to my knowledge. In hindsight, I think it was appropriate.
I've been edited here and other places have had whole threads disappear! I've also had an administrator chide me for a remark I often use because he thought it sounded different from the way I mean it.
(I might sleep in my garage but it doesn't make me a car.)
Diane.... who uses the NKJV but just wants everyone to READ their Bible!
I have never been snipped or edited....probably because most of the time I keep my mouth..er..keyboard shut here
The numbers are skewed
The last question is way low, everyone who has not voted yet has chosen not to vote right?
Or were they chosen not to vote, hmmm.! perhaps the moderators are only letting the elect vote.
I've been snipped recently on this board by brother Roger (C4K) himself no less.
In that specific instance it was all about sex ofcourse.
I have no complaints about being snipped or edited because the only cost to me for using this board is the electricity to run my PC and the time it takes. Hey, someone else OWNS the site & pays the bills and I defer to his or her judgment to run it as he/she sees fit, and to appoint moderators whom the owner considers responsible enough to run the show as he/she wishes.
There are many ways to do many things, and personally I'm glad there are several mods for each forum to keep this site from degenerating into what we've all seen in other sites.
I've been snippied. It does not bother me at all.
I don't know quite how to take that, so I will take it good naturedly.
I am the original Miss Goody-Two-Shoes. I have never been snipped. At least not that I can remember.
Although Diane's whole eating (ahem!) snot thread disappeared and I wondered if my lovely response wasn't at least part of the problem....
Been over two hours and my prediction is still true, there have been no direct answers from the KJVO crowd. Come on you all, just answer, please.
If that is truly the case, how can you justify removing those from the BB with whon thou hast some amount of trouble with in communicating?
Shouldest thou be removed from the ranks?
Maybe a can of worms, but hey, let's go fishing!
I have been snipped a couple times. If I had my way I would snipp a couple of the moderators right off the board , and those two moderators probalbly feel the same way about me .
1. Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
2. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
3. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.
4. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
5. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake.
6. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually to this very thing.
7. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.
8. Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
(Rom. 13:1-8, NKJV)