1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who has more education?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Craigbythesea, Oct 23, 2005.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In many ways they were extremely well trained. They were with the master 24/7 for about three years. Think of the testing of their faith and strenthening of their whole being.

When was the last time anyone went out from a church two by two without anything?

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

DHK posted,

I am VERY serious. Our Baptist churches need to set higher standards for their pastors BEFORE our government finds it necessary to do it to protect our children from the dangers inherent in ignorance.

[​IMG]

3. Craigbythesea

Artimaeus asked,

I have already answered that question, but I will answer it again. Well educated pastors, whether they got their education from Princeton Theological Seminary, the University of Chicago, or, as was the case with Spurgeon, from countless hours of personal study under the guidance of pastors who did have the privilege of the Ivory Tower education, avail themselves of thousands of academic tools the very use of which require a very substantial knowledge of Hebrew, Greek, Latin, German, and French on top of a very substantial knowledge of the English language.

Charles Spurgeon, one of our very own Baptist brothers, expressed the matter as follows:

[​IMG]

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am VERY serious. Our Baptist churches need to set higher standards for their pastors BEFORE our government finds it necessary to do it to protect our children from the dangers inherent in ignorance.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Just a question here---how's the government of th United States of America gonna find out how educated and how ignorant which pastor is??? According to the US Constitution----the Feds will not intrude upon religion---so I am lead to believe

5. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Blackbird,

If you think a little detail like "we don't have the information" will bother the government you've been blessed with very little dealing with the government. ;)

I love my country, but I don't think "logic" applies to them. Case in point - we are told that it is against the law for us to ask an employment applicant what their race, religion or gender is. However - we are also required by law to report statistics regarding how many people of various races, religions, and genders applied for the job, and to justify why we hired whoever we hire.

I brought this up at a meeting once and said, "How can we report the data if we are forbidden to gather the data?" The personnel director shrugged and said, "Ask your Congressman."

6. Craigbythesea

blackbird wrote,

They might begin by reading the posts on this message board! :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

[​IMG]

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Nice! :rolleyes:

8. Craigbythesea

You forgot the six :D 's!

[​IMG]

9. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

No I tried to copy them and it would not :D

See the big space under the writing?

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

They might begin by reading the posts on this message board! :eek:

:D :D :D

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well, in that case---I can hardly wait to see "dufus" decipher "dufus" and then jail him for not knowin' any more than it is that he knows right now!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS----Craig---I hope you don't mind---but I had to edit two of your :D 's to put in the one I wanted!! Sorry, dude!! The Fed's made me do it!!!

11. Craigbythesea

At least you tried to copy them. A reasonable, honest effort is all that I am asking of anyone—including those who called by God to serve His people as pastors of His Flock.

[​IMG]

12. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

On that we are both in full agreement. No one should give the Lord or His church second best. [​IMG]

Bro Tony