1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Is Really My Brother Or Sister In The Lord?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Truthfully it fits me just fine. I know there is argument for trying to bring all together, but that is the Lord's job, for it just is not going to happen between men. It actually goes against our very nature, it seems.
    If I visited other churches, their Pastors would be aiming their message right at me, for that is what they do at funerals. When I come in, I can see all those up front, the singers and all begin to focus on me. Some have come back and actually tried to drag me out of my seat, others seem to aim their message at me or our church and you can tell for the first thing they say is, the name makes no difference. I agree with that, but I feel that is not the place to bring it up at a funeral. Then they will get into the practices of our church and you can tell it is us for we are the only ones who practice in this area, no music, closed communion, wearing apparell, etc., For the sake of my own church, I keep my seat. Almost all of them have grandparents in our church.

BBob,

#61 Brother Bob, Oct 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, okay, BBob, yeah, I can actually identify with what you are saying.
    In the Philippines, my brothers and sisters (according to the flesh) invited me to their church (Full Gospel) a few times, and I obliged, but only because of my stepmom.
    (They wanted to convert me over to Full Gospel-ism).
    Their pastor started attacking the Baptist distinctives, eternal security, and so on.
    I felt hot in the neck at first but kept my cool, until I knew I would not be attending anymore.
    Then, I "let them have it". :BangHead:

Coupla months later, my brother was baptized in our church, followed by my stepmom.

In this Reformed Baptist church we sometimes go to, they at first were critical of Primitive Baptists not "agreeing" with missions, until I finally explained to them, in detail, why.

They found they actually agreed with some of the reasons.

#62 pinoybaptist, Oct 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I wouldn't have gone back either until they changed their stance against my distinctives.

2. Were they baptized before in this Full-Gospel church? Thought I'd ask.

3. Explanation usually helps; I've been critical of others practices until they were explained to me.