1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Whos paying the tab????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by blackbird, Apr 21, 2013.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My point is

When the bombs were detonated---it was "on us"---we are the victims--whether it happens in the US or over there in New Zealand

And now---the "accused" has medical treatment--which is also "on us"---so that whichever way we look and whatever side of the bomb we're on--we're the victims

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are several reasons why we waste taxdollars on preserving suspects whether they are worthy of immediate execution or not.

Consider: rule of law and due process. We seem to be inconsistent where Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden are concerned. Then there is Manuel Noriega. There was a certain value in the trial and public execution of S. Hussein, probably more than an a bullet to the head like a rat in a hole. However, the demise of Bin Laden in his harem was quite effective. We need to get more of his followers.

They are in the camp--have been for many years.

Some say such folk do not deserve due process.

Rule of law is still worth supporting--it makes us different from the world.

What price freedom?

Right or wrong, there are still multitudes wanting to live in this country.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big surprise--the two Boston Bombers did not have permits to carry guns but I am guessing that the one who ran over his brother will not be indicted for violating gun law.

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I wanted to point out to you the stupidity of your position in this matter.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? This Jihadist islamofascist is getting the best medical care in the world and now has three lawyers--all at taxpayer expense. Only Christianity has human rights--Islam has no human rights at all.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Are you saying we should act like the Islamic countries where people have no rights, or do you believe we, as Americans, should treat people differently?

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, he did posses a firearm - according to this link But apparently they did not own them legally - therefore - did they actually buy them? or were they stolen?
    Gun laws only hinder law abiding citizens. Gun laws do not stop criminals

#27 Salty, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that only Christian countries have human rights and that the American taxpayer is shelling out to giving this jihadist islamofascist the best of everything, and it is expensive. Don't anticipate the favor to be returned in the non-Christian world, as you know. Saudis will throw you in a dungeon forever for discussing Christian belief at your kitchen table with friends if you live in Saudi Arabia. The rise of persecution of Christians has caught the attention of the Hudson Institute, which has just released a new book: Persecuted The Global Assault on Christians. The Hudson Institute, which was located temporarily in Indianapolis during the 1980s, has also started a new website called Persecution Report.

Here is the link to Persecution Report: http://www.persecutionreport.org/

I don't think that the bomber should have 3 lawyers and I think that he should be put in a prison very shortly.

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

So you don't believe a man is innocent until proven guilty, a right afforded all American citizens, by the Constitution? I would think you would want to obey the Constitution. Maybe you only honor law when it agrees with you.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Presumed innocent

11. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are right of course Blackbird (good to see you back incidentally).....it is just an example that the rule of law does not equate to justice, and yes to my way of thinking.....while the do gooders go on and on about the rights of the crim(assuming in this case he is guilty), the victims are not EVER properly compenstated.

A victim is doubly victimised....firstly in the initial injury and then as a taxpayer having to support the swine who hurt them....

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Right. I don't doubt this man is guilty, but I still believe he deserves his day in court.

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

There is something illogical about giving the best of care to a man likely facing execution, but I agree: This is how America shows the rest of the world that we are a nation of laws and freedom. And that is not illogical.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Really doing a lot to edify and advance cyber friendships there, aren't we, Robert????:tear::tear:

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks--I think that pothead is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law or a military tribunal such as FDR used against the German spies caught in the USA after landing in Florida and Long Island during World War II. However, I think that pothead should be entitled to only one lawyer and I hope that he is well enough to go to jail very soon. In case you haven't heard, after he drove over his own brother, some are calling his brother speedbump (not me). His mother has a warrant out for her arrest for shoplifting and welfare fraud according to the media.

As I posted before, Christians are daily sealing their testimony with blood, especially in the Islamic world. In fact, a new book was just published documenting the Christian holocaust--entitled Persecuted: The Global Assault Against Christians, written by people at the Hudson Institute in Washington DC.

http://www.persecutionreport.org/

No one is speaking up against the holocaust against Christians such as has not been seen since Roman times but people are losing sleep worrying about two terrorists who killed several people, including an eight-year-old child, and injured many more. All of this is done in the liberal stronghold of Boston where pothead will get the best of everything unless the liberals drop the ball.

I just agree with Blackbird that we are having to pay for all of this and at the same time listen to liberal lectures about how we have offended Islam, which is busy murdering Christians daily worldwide.

Multiculturalism is the HIV of the Occident.

http://www.persecutionreport.org/