1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are people mocking me?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Guido, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently, there are people here who believe I am beyond redemption, as I refused to affirm the lies of Calvinism, or to a unsound interpretation of scripture. There also seem to be people in various places who believe I am unable to write, who disbelieve words simply because of the style they are written in, or who otherwise refuse to acknowledge that I wrote them. Simply because I did a small imitation exercise on the Book of Colossians and on Ephesians, and wrote an epistle thereafter, does not mean that the whole thing is a lie, nor that it is a counterfeit apostolic revelation. I do not understand why it appears as though people are mocking my writing skills for the composition of such a work, which is evidently the product of a human being who did not carefully develop and order the thoughts of any of its sections, nor look into the matter spoken of therein with sufficient diligence.

I just confessed that Jesus Christ is the Lord, meaning that He is God, which the Bible says It is impossible for anyone to do except by the Holy Ghost.

As for that epistle, my desire is now that no one read it, except to whom I have addressed it, or to whom I have given it for review over whether the thing is sinful. Therefore it is no where to be found.

2. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two views of the Lordship of Christ. One has to do with His humanity and His Father's given Him leadership, Psalms 110:1. And yes, the other has to do with the fact that He is the LORD God, John 8:24, Romans 10:13, Isaiah 43:11.

4. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don’t worry mate, only an infallible interpreter of Scripture could condemn you as a heretic, the rest have no authority.

Praying for you man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I am aware that the term "Lord" in the Bible is used differently in two different contexts.

I fail to understand why people so earnestly insist on mocking people, and behaving as though they are praising the Lord. Is it not evident, that when you are mocking someone who is not opposing God at that instant, you are dishonoring Him? Why would someone mock a person for mocking God, when they have given no reason for doing so.

Now, I am not claiming that someone is doing that, but I've been hearing things that seem to indicate I am being mocked over an epistle I wrote. Of course, this is not new, as though the voices began when I had written it, or afterward, although they started to pertain to a new theme.

I did not say what I wrote was good, but that, although I had written it, I believed that people were mocking it, and denying that I had written it, failing to understand it. This epistle which I wrote, I did not post on this forum.

But though I could state several biblical doctrines in various ways repeatedly, people will still insist that I am lost. Of course, Calvinists and Arminians are prone to doing this, since they don't believe that Christ's death on the cross actually atoned for the sins of the world. If they did, they would deny limited atonement and affirm eternal security.

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless you. As really so sorry you are being mocked. Really will have your back. Just go to John 3:16-17 and really you are set with Christ!

7. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I haven't posted any new threads since my Ten Commandments part II thread. Someone came onto the thread and started calling me Satan. I asked for the thread to be closed and my activity has been minimal ever since.

It's social media. It's toxic like all social media. There are some fine Christians on this website. But there are also some jerks who display unchristian behavior.

All social media is is a competition to see who has the thickest skin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We’re you criticizing their belief in limited atonement? They could have been taken as an attack on their systematic theology. BTW, I also affirm eternal security for the children of God given to Christ to salvation. I will debate you on any scriptural reference and belief system but I won’t question your salvation… as I believe you question theirs.

#8 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider it free expression up until people begin to name call and attempt to deride the others beliefs. Social media is just a mechanism for debate and debate can become contentious at times and that’s when Moderators must step in… but iron does sharpen iron and in truth debate is controversial. I encourage controversy in debate, how else can you learn. What I detest however is a criticism’s of one’s beliefs which admittedly I myself have been guilty of.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about
    Matthew 1:21

11. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry that people are calling you such names. No one should be calling humans Satan, especially believers in Christ, as they are not only created in the image of God, but are regenerated, and have the Holy Ghost dwelling within them.

If you read the Book of John, especially the passages of Christ's promise of eternal life, you will see that Christ promised eternal life to all who believe in Him for it. I am confused between two gospel messages, so I am unsure of what is actually required for receiving eternal life, which is stated in the Bible. So, I want to become sure about what the gospel is, so that I don't mislead anyone.

#11 Guido, Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  12. poor-in-spirit

poor-in-spirit Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spoken like a Calvinist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, the Grace Evangelical Society explains the free grace message I am talking about. I'm sorry I am not able to explain it to you right now. I will try to pray for you but I lack self-discipline and there are a lot of people I have to pray for. I really am having trouble setting aside time to pray, procrastinating on everything else I want to do as well.