1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why did God create Hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by menageriekeeper, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Is it offensive to you that God would punish the wicked? Perhaps not. But consider the following concerning God punishing:

"And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible." Isa 13:11

"For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain." Isa 26:21

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised;" Jer 9:25

Matthew 25:46 "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

"Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" 2 Thess 1:9

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:" 2 Peter 2:9

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

While on the subject of hell, it's important to remember that unless the rapture happens, each and every one of us is going to hell. (Now, let's see who "get's it".)