1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why do Christians support immigration?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ChrisTheSaved, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to say as someone who has spent time in a Muslim majority nations (two of them) why are American Christians so supportive of Islam? Do they just not understand they hate us? They want to kill us? So maybe they wont to it physically but they are doing it socially. Is it they live in a bubble as every Muslim cleric I've heard speak surly does not want to coexist do they?

How can they such fools?
    Watch the videos if you dare,

[video removed due to offensive language on the screen shot]

https://youtu.be/MNAiFWWRRtU

https://youtu.be/u7qP1nVidXk

#1 ChrisTheSaved, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  2. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My opinion only. The screen shot of the second video has no place on this site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the thread title is a bit misleading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you think Christians who support immigration (apparently Muslim immigration by the looks of this post) are "supportive" of Islam, you are self-deluded.

Some Muslims do hate us, but not all Muslims hate us. Only racists and fools judge whole people groups on the basis of what a few think and do.

Some want to kill us, but most don't.

Fun facts:
    (1) Not every Muslim is a Muslim cleric.
    (2) Muslim clerics who get media attention are usually the ones who are saying something extremely provocative.
    (3) There are many examples - some even being reported by the media - of Muslims protecting Christians against the murderous thugs who use Islam as an excuse to persecute.

I don't know "how can they such fools" either.

#5 Baptist Believer, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You, ChristheSaved, were talking to a guy while you were in physically in Amarillo, Texas?

As far as your media sources go, you need to pick better things to read. There are some issues with the cultural differences and the realities of people who have been uprooted from their homes, but hardly the disaster portrayed in the stories you cited. Much of the issue has come from false right-wing reports (like you cited) and simple prejudice.

Amarillo Globe-News

Texas Observer

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YouTube videos probably not the best resource for research.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christians are ambassadors for Yeshua and his Kingdom. This means we are foreigners and exiles even in the United States. Our job is not to be comfortable and avoid sinners. Our job is to bring the message of reconciliation to a world bent on rebelling against God and God's kingdom. To live is Christ. To live is not...to be rich, comfortable and self consumed. We show compassion to whomever God brings to our lives because we know we are exiles in a world of rebels to our Lord and Saviors Kingdom. Yet, we realize we were once a part of the rebel camp. We are on a rescue mission. It is our job and calling. God is Sovereign no matter which people he places at our doorstep.
    I suggest people read "No God but One" by Nabeel Qureshi, a former Muslim who came to faith in Yeshua our Savior. No fear, only faith!

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    So videos that actually show muslim behavior and attitudes are no good? Got it rely on everyone who keeps telling not to worry except I have been there and they do hate us and videos show us that they do.

10. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist

I was talking to a guy who resides there. People who see the way they are acting and treating others must be right wing? The left has clearly crafted a narrative and the thousands and thousands of videos show the truth.

11. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was it? It's just a link on my screen. The video showed a day in the life of a truck driver in Europe, Muslims were always everywhere on the freeways walking in traffic.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Except when posted, it showed a screen shot and the screen shot had an offensive word in it that we would rather not have on the BB. So the link was deleted. Please be careful what is posted here. We need to be sure it passes the Phil 4:8 test.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can pull up videos of every ethnic group (white, black, brown, etc.) and religious group (Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc.) saying and doing hateful things. It is not evidence of the views and attitudes of whole people groups. Your arguments remind me of the conversations I heard growing up about black people. They would say that all black people were criminals, troublemakers, or lazy, and they would point to the evening news as evidence. Arguments like that are false.

I know quite a few people who are in the trouble spots working in Christian ministry. They tell me a different story. Unlike you, they don't lump everyone into the same mold.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, fine. I just wanted to clear that up. I pass through Amarillo from time to time (never stay at the Fifth Season Hotel!!!) and know some people there. They have not said anything about there being significant trouble.

The links you provided clearly have a bias.

One of the links I posted was the hometown newspaper who points out that Breitbart did not report honestly. I think I will go with the source that is actually there and accountable to the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTS, thank you for a glimpse of a part of Islam.

How big is that part? No one knows.
    Why are the Muslim "moderates" of Islam silent?

This is an ancient war.
    Jihad is an ancient doctrine as well as their war cry giving glory to their god which I will not repeat.

Look at ISIS history if you doubt what their desire is - To kill, torture, rape and pillage all who name the name of Christ as well as ALL other religions as well as muslims with whom they don't like.

Take a look at what the "Junior Varsity" has done...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/world/isis-fast-facts/

They have promised to come to America, they are here.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/0...laims-terror-cells-in-place-in-15-states.html

We MUST filter this cancer of humanity out of the unvetted throngs of refugees.

Even at that al taqiyya allows them to lie and deceive the infidel - so just a verbal agreement with the Constitution and Bill of Rights will be useless.

In other words Profiling their history is necessary.

When I applied for Bible school upon acceptance I was required to sign a covenant agreement that I would not use alcohol or tobacco. Others were not required to do so.
    I asked why.

I was told - because I had come out of the Catholic Church.

The point? I was profiled for my past so in some sectors of modern Christianity profiling is acceptable.

Why not at the government level to save life from these deceivers and murderers (wolves in sheep's clothing)?

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever been in Europe?

I spent about half my time in Europe from 2005 to 2013 and never saw what you suggest. There may have been such an incident, but is would be a very rare one. You know you can search the Internet and find anything you want to fine. It is like proof-texting the Bible.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how many such incidents are OK here in the US in your view CTB.
    How many beheadings (which they have promised) are acceptable to you?

One does not have to search the internet for the ISIS declaration of war against America
    How many Orlando's or San Bernadino's are acceptable?

HankD

18. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to say that I still don't understand how others are so willfully blind to what the reality of this situation is. I doubt you'd let 20 of them live in your back yard. If you say its the Christian thing to do I say,

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him, If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

I bet all that are lecturing this is the Christian thing to do, live a very comfortable life. Computers are expensive. Sell all you own and go to minister to them in person. Live with them and spread the gospel. Oh, they will kill you I'm sure. You can't even street preach in Dearborn, but this must be a right wing conspiracy that they act this way. I mean the videos are all lies right?

60 Minutes crew attacked..they even still claim they were in a "Somali" area and when it's clearly middle eastern men attacking them.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/...es-tv-crew-attacked-and-beaten-in-sweden.html

19. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you missed the big waves? I guess the rampant sexual attacks were fake?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/10/europe/cologne-germany-new-year-s-eve-charges/

20. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were these two countries Afghanistan and Iraq, and were you dressed in the uniform of a serviceman?

If so:
    (1) Thank you for your service.
    (2) Your experience with the population is probably colored more by your purpose and presence in the region than your religion.