1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Do Evangelicals Ignore Ron Paul?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 28, 2007.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you are talking crazy, Ken. Rudy says that he is going to fight the war on terror to victory; it is Hillary that supports your war position, Ken. Rudy says that he supports limited government and tax cuts and that his hero is Reagan.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if Rudy says that the moon is made of cheese you'll believe him about that too, I reckon. :laugh:

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep, and apparently the more death and carnage along the way the better.

#23 poncho, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then he will fail. A war can never be won against a tactic(terrorism), a substance(drugs), or a condition(poverty).

I support fighting a war against al Qaeda(in case you have forgotten that's the group that attacked the United States on 9/11/2001). Now a war against an organization or a country - now that can be won - just like we and our allies defeated Japan and Germany and Italy in World War II.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for another personal attack.

Thank you for another personal attack. I see the issue is not Rudy but me in your mind. Rudy says that he supports tax cuts and limited government and that his hero is Reagan. Why don't you deal with the issue instead of trying to belittle me? Could it be that 44 percent of the GOP likes Rudy and considers him OK?

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That kind of issue does support greed. Why give to someone or a program which may need it when you can keep it yourself and spend it on entertainment instead of the education of your children.

2/3 of the bridges in this country are in need of repair so we must support the rich so they can get richer and neglect what is needed.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe Rudy and I don't understand why you do. Just look at his record in New York and his support for homosexual marriage and his support for abortion rights.

“I’m pro-choice. I’m pro-gay rights,” Giuliani said. He was then asked whether he supports a ban on what critics call partial-birth abortions. “No, I have not supported that, and I don’t see my position on that changing,” he responded.

Source: CNN.com, “Inside Politics” Dec 2, 1999

- www.ontheissues.org/2008/Rudy_Giuliani_Abortion.htm

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rudy is still the GOP front-runner.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The education of your children is your responsibility - not mine, not any other taxpayer's, not the State's, not the federal government's.

#29 KenH, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So was Howard Dean in 2003.

Hey, cmg, some of us have actual beliefs that we stand by. We don't chunk 'em at the drop of a hat so that we can say, "I support the front runner."

I hope you enjoy your bowl of pottage, cmg.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quit attacking me personally, Ken. Howard Dean was not the GOP front-runner in 2003. The GOP nominates the front-runner. The Democrats like expensive primary fights.

I support Rudy because of his foreign policy stand and his Reaganite beliefs, Ken. So do 44 percent of the GOP.

McCain has collapsed, unable to raise money, and unpopular with the GOP rank and file for being a maverick and voting with the Democrats so many times not to mention his expressed contempt for Christians as agents of intolerance. Romney is a non-starter because of his flip-flops, his excessive wealth, and his membership in a wierd 19th century cult that says that he will be a god in charge of a planet.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then it's clear that Congressman Ron Paul is the only hope for conservatives in the GOP presidential race in 2008.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    44% in some poll almost a year before the first vote is cast in the Iowa caucus or the New Hampshire primary.

And currently in the poll in this section of the Baptist Board 50% of the GOP is supporting Ron Paul. So there. :)

#33 KenH, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

He was kind of like Reagan who did nothing when 241 of our soldiers were killed. I guess Reagan was a coward with a cut-and-run attitude.

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

You should check your facts before bearing false witness against a fellow brother in Christ! Here are some of Ron Paul's votes dealing with the Sanctity of Life:

Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
    Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
    Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion. (Oct 2003)
    No federal funding of abortion, and pro-life. (Dec 2000)
    Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
    Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)

During the 2005 congressional session, Ron Paul introduced H.R. 776, entitled the "Sanctity of Life Act of 2005."

Had it passed, H.R. 776 would have recognized the personhood of all unborn babies by declaring, "human life shall be deemed to exist from conception." The bill also recognized the authority of each State to protect the lives of unborn children. In addition, H.R. 776 would have removed abortion from the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court, thereby nullifying the Roe v Wade decision, and would have denied funding for abortion providers. In plain language, H.R. 776 would have ended abortion on demand.

I haven't seen your pro-abortion champion Rudy Giuliani doing anything close to what Ron Paul has done to try to stop the American holocaust known as abortion!

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is Rudy going to run for President again in 2012?

Some interesting discussions in this thread. Might be worth you while to read them agian from post # 1 as now we have some 20-20 hindsight.

Salty

ps ( I sure you all know that the presidenal election season begins on Nov 3, 2010 :smilewinkgrin:

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer is simple really. Most modern evangelicals are big government "conservatives". They want a powerful and active federal government that acts in conservative ways. Ron Paul is a small government conservative who believes in the power of the states and a weak federal government. Those are some major differences. I tend to side with Ron Paul most of the time. Generally, I would like to see the states take up their rightful constitutional powers and the federal government abide by it's rightful constitutional limits.

18. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Great post! :thumbs:

Both Ron and Rand Paul are pro-life. This is ignored by many evangelicals who prefer the big government conservatives (many of whom are not nearly as conservative as Ron Paul) over the Pauls. Sometimes I listen to many of my friends (etc) and I am amazed how easily they are lead around by politicians like Bush, Giuliani, and Palin. I just want to shake them and wake them up. I don't claim that Ron Paul or Rand Paul is the answer to America's problems. However both of them are certainly much closer than many of the people the big government conservatives have been pushing on us for years.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelicals ignore Ron Paul because most of them are public school educated and haven't a clue about what's happening in this nation.

20. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of cheese. In fact, many of the big government evangelicals come out of private christian schools and homeschools.