1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Why do you KJV only people attack the word of God?"

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Will J. Kinney, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reincarnation this quick??????:tongue3::tongue3:

Musta wuz!!!

2. Will J. Kinney

Faith:
    Baptist
    slow down, read carefully

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Will J. Kinney [​IMG]

Maybe women have a general tendency to see any form of disagreement as hostility but most men do not. Is Christianity becoming feminized? Probably a good case could be made that it is.

Will K

Hi Amy. I was not in any way commenting about you as an individual. Bubba suggested that we close the thread because of perceived by him "hostility". I asked for examples of said hostility.

My comment about how women generally perceive any form of disagreement among persons of different points of view as hostility is true.

Any time there is a doctrinal discussion on Christian forums or especially a discussion about the Bible version issue, the ratio of men to women is usually about 20 to 1. Generally speaking, women do not like to get into doctrinal discussions or differences of opinions and beliefs about whether or not there exists a complete and pure Bible.

I made these comments as a result of many years of observation on the forums and from the personal experience of having been married for a very long time. I have a wonderful Christian wife, but when it comes to doctrinal issues and the give and take of a debate, she usually is not inclined to participate.

That is all I meant.

God bless,

Will K

#82 Will J. Kinney, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  3. Thermodynamics

Now you've gone and done it Will, you have Amy gunning for you!:eek:

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Where? Please tell us where God revealed that the KJV was the perfect, inerrant Bible as you claim.

So far, you haven't told us anything but your opinions. We who believe God would like to hear from him. So please tell us where God says what you say so we can examine it for ourselves like the Bereans. If you can do that, the issue will be solved. It's simple.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

[​IMG]

I can be dangerous that's for sure! :laugh:

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, nobody ever accused me of being normal! :laugh:

You know what they say, "Inquiring minds want to know"....well that's me.

I get into all kinds of debates and discussions around here. I realize the board is made up mostly of men, but they have all been respectful of me and I really appreciate that. There may be some that wish the women on the BB would stay away, but I have not met them yet. The gals on this site are well studied in the scriptures and can usually hold their own with the guys.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I'm glad you're around. It balances out all the testosterone. Well, somewhat. :laugh:

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't hold your breathe. I have asked that same question many a time. It is either answered with another question--a non-answer; or name-calling ("Bible agnostic"), or a false accusation; you don't have a Bible anyway. He won't answer that question.

9. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Wow, maybe he made an appeal and was forgiven!

Are you suggesting Baptist Board go against the word of God and not allow restoration?

Are the BB rules authoritive over the very word of God in a christian forum?

I understand your objection, but have you considered my questions?

If he wrote something about you, do you forgive without being asked?

My Lord! It's been how many years now since he said that?

10. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Are you willing to accept the following: the words of the LORD are pure words?

Since the Bible says they are pure, and God inspired the words, He keeps them pure, so is that not enough to say we have His word on it?

The words of the Lord are pure words.

That was not a presumed name-calling, false accusation, "you dont have a Bible anyway", but outright Scripture.

Will it be spoken against? Twisted? Misinterpreted? Questioned?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where does the Bible address Baptistboard rules? The fact he broke the rules constitutes sin, and since he has never repented of such since 2001, the BB rules and stance are supported biblically.

12. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

OK burn him at the stake.

Baptist Board is Christian isn't it webdog? The Bible is our basis for all aspects of life as Christians? Are you also holding the BB rules in higher regard than what the Bible teaches for all Christians to obey?

Is your subject matter even on topic? Are you also obsessed and refuse to forgive?

13. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

We accept those words. They are in the NASB, NIV, ESV, KJV, NKJV, etc. But Will has identified the KJV has the only set of "pure words" (at least in English). We want to konw where God identified the KJV as the only pure words.

14. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

From cover to cover and without adulterated wordings, convolusions, confusing resources,...etc.

events led up to the KJV in its purification which later declining events led away from the KJV as it was then placed into the hands of men to decide if the KJV was the final authority. The KJV has to be it or it wouldn't be theme to make the demands we see in every versions discussion.

Of course some will play the games of not mentioning the KJV but even in those playhouse discussions the KJV ultimately gets inserted.

Now, mind you, that is not my doing, but the truth always has a way of entering into the conversation.

why have another version? why not have another version without pointing out as if something is wrong with the KJV? It happens everytime a new version is introduced, it always demeans the KJV.

Proof enough for me.

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

This isn't a church. It's a business. Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. Even if they come back and apologize later.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That wasn't talking about the KJV- or any translation for that matter.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Closed since the originator of this thread did so while under a violation of BB rules and is now banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.