1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why don't the MV's keep their principle, the Oldest the Best?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Eliyahu, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

For wisdom in interpreting the Bible, of course. But God doesn't give definite answers to that. There is no biblical evidence that he does.

But let's assume he does: So I pray, and he tells me that the longer ending of Mark is not authentic. Will you accept that? Of course not. You will say that I have misunderstood God. But you will have no basis for saying that because you can't point to anything other than your opinion as to why I am wrong.

So we need to stick to what the Bible actually says.

Of course if you are going to parse it that way. I was referring to answering the prayer the way it is prayed.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not if they are already met.

Certainly. At times it is quite obvious and it cannot be missed.

If I understand your reasoning right then it would also imply that non-Christians could do nothing. Yet God uses them all the time.Textual criticism is not a spiritual problem such as gaining wisdom in the midst of trials. Textual criticism is an academic problem. If all a student had to do way pray and get A's then every spiritual person would never fail academically.

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to clarify your answers. How do you know what you got from God as an aswer is not a heretic received from a devil?
    You raised this question and it applies to you too. So, please answer in your own way.

Satan uses them all the time too!

Does God ask you to gain the wisdom thru academic problem ?

Does God ask you to learn the Bible thru TC?

Again, let me ask you the basic questions.

Do you get the answers from God for your prayers?

If yes, how do you know that the answer is from God, not from a devil ?

Doesn't God, who answers you about many questions, teach you about which Bible manuscripts are correct?

Have you ever asked your God to clarify which is correct between Mark's longer ending and shorter ending?

Your God doesn't like to talk about the Bible?

#63 Eliyahu, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the TC can judge what the Holy Spirit says or has revealed?

IMO, if we cannot get the answers from the Bible about the Bible issues, then we can get the answer nowhere.

Does your God say ambiguously about other prayer requests?

My God guides me clearly about my prayer requests, and it doesn't take too long for me to discern the most of the Bible issues.

Why do you think we should go to TC to know the Bible?

Is the Holy Spirit, who helps you in many ways, weak when He encounter the questions about the Bible?

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

James 4:3, "You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures."

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uh- isn't this an "answer" of "NO!" in the sense I was using?

James 4:3 doesn't say that the prayer is not "answered" here, but rather that one does not receive what one asks when the request is based on wrong motives, at least as I read this verse, anyway.

Ed

7. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Satan likes the easy road, making you an atheist or agnostic even. Have you heard of " The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. Now that's Satans tool right there.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

In the same way that you do.

Your opinion is inadequate. And you are mixing issues here.

That seems incoherent.

Apparently takes you longer than you think.

Because we have no choice. You go to TC. We all do. It is impossible not to.

Nope, not at all. It is not a matter of weakness. It is a matter of purpose.

9. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Satan teach you about his tool?

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You try to discern the work of Holy Spirit thru TC.
    Then TC will become the judge over Holy Spirit, and the TC will become your god!, which you and modern critics must avoid!

If Jesus comes to this world today, He will condemn that attitude, I am sure.

Why don't you apply the same principle of the prayer requests as you do for the daily life, to the interpretation of the Bible and to the Bible texts?

#70 Eliyahu, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  11. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Didn't you state that you have found errors in the KJV? What process did you use to discover those errors?

Was it prayer alone? Do you pray over each word of every verse until God whisper into your ear what the correct word is?

Or, maybe you compare texts?

12. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Is that an accusation? Here's another one of Satans tools. Causing Christians to fight over a TRANSLATION of what was written making to busy to see what really matters.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

So are you. You just use a different basis for TC.

Nonsense.

On what basis are you sure? Do you have Scripture from Jesus to back this up? Or are you just guessing?

Not sure what you mean here. Your example of prayer has nothing to do with this topic that I can see.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is a difference between a source of information than something being a god. One does not need to be able to read to have God as their God.

Are you saying in effect that those who wrote the TC do not have the same Holy Spirit as you?

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know how to read it? Have you ever read the manuscript? Or do you just show it ?

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Among them there can be many true believers but they have mostly chosen wrong way!

17. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Sir. I don't need TC.

18. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

The answer is obvious, making this a rhetorical question.

19. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Actually yes I can. I have high resolution scans of Sinaiticus, Alexandrinus and Vaticunis and several of the P series. In all I have 4 gigabytes of nothing but manuscript scans, transcripts, English bibles, Greek Editions, Hebrew Editions, Latin mss and revision transcripts and so on. Then I have a stack of printed Bibles that would be several feet tall when stacked up. If I don't buy it in print, I find somewhere to download it.

Whats with the insults anyway? :rolleyes: Oops I forgot , your a KJVO, its in your nature after the style of Peter Ruckman.

And I will be the first to tell you that Aleph has a correction in John 3:16. A word was missing and later penned in. Which is why I chose to use A for the sig. Besides the brown look of the paper looks better for effect, Aleph is off white.

#79 Tater77, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  20. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

When you say that Mark 16:9-20 should be included in the text, you are practicing TC. Textual criticism is determining which reading is authentic. We all do it.

But he does it through the word. When you are in school taking a test and pray for the answer, I am guessing the Spirit isn't going to reveal it to you.

Then you think wrongly.