1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Homosexuality?Is It Of God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bhakthi, Nov 11, 2005.

1. bhakthi

bhakthi New Member

Homosexuality is not a new lifestyle that sprang up on modern times. It has its roots since the beginning of human civilization. The first book of the Holy Bible itself mentions about two great cities full of people who practiced homosexuality. Later in the second part of the Bible [Romans;1;19-32]It is explained why people are turned into homosexuals. This part states that homosexuality is a situation in which some people are fallen into as a result of not obeying God.The Bible says,” though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude.” Instead “they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, animals, and reptiles. Therefore God delivered them over in the cravings of their hearts to sexual impurity, so that their bodies were degraded among themselvesRomans;1:19-34.From this it becomes clear that homosexuality is not something biological or natural as some may think but it is a curse from God that comes upon Godless people and their descendants .At the core homosexuality is of spiritual in nature.
    Like all other abominable sins –idolatry,adultery,murder and so on homosexuality is contrary to God’s law.In the past there was no remedy for this sin.Only wrath and destruction followed.God rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah which practiced homosexuality. [See Genesis;19]But now there is hope because God is merciful and it is a time of God’s favor toward the mankind..He sent his Son as the Savior of the world to save sinners.The Bible says, “The wages of sin is death.” God loves sinners but hates sin.Lord Jesus said,” I did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”Luke;5:32 If anyone turns to him and repent God is willing to forgive and able to change that person inside out. ”If the Son sets you free you are free indeed.”John;8:36.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK bhakthi, I don't think anyone will debate most of what you have said, however the underlying problem with this sin (as with others) is that the participants do not believe it is a sin but a preference including many who make profession of salvation.

HankD

3. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

What I do not understand is why good godly Christians families raise kids who turn out gay ? I know of a few....I am not so sure having homosexual feelings is a choice....I mean come on who would want that for their life ?

But I do believe acting out on those feelings is when it becomes sin.

Any thoughts on this ?

4. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I agree.

5. Marco

Marco Guest

Perhaps gays are born the way they are, at this time I am not sure we know for sure. I thank God I am not in that situation because it must be horrible - if one loves Jesus and is struggling with being gay. I treat the ones I know with respect and kindness. I know some people who really make their life a living hell.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Gays are not born the way they are, meaning it isn't the way they were intended to be, they are born sinful like the rest of us. We have all sinned, sometimes we forget that we were once sinners without salvation too. The only thing that seperates us is Jesus.
    In scripture God says homosexuality is wrong, why would God make someone sin? Man lives trying to get as far from God and what He says is right as possible, and when they fight against God long enough He gives them up to their sinfulness.
    The world around us says there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and has made it more acceptable then it used to, used to it was not acceptable. Man's sinful nature will tell him anything opposite of what God said is right, sinful man will not believe the word of God.
    The very root of the problem is the same as with any sin, the need of Jesus.

7. Marco

Marco Guest

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. Are you saying that there is no way people can be born gay?

The gay people I know believe in Jesus. Is that an oxymoron?

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I don't think anyone is arguing with homosexuality being a sin, but I agree with Glory-to-God. The gay people, who either grew up in a Christian family, or are professing Christians, that I have been corresponding with as a result of our film are REALLY, TRULY struggling with this. Some of them have even been on the verge of suicide. Others want to know why they still have same sex attractions even though they have prayed and prayed and prayed to God to deliver them from the temptation. They are searching for answers, and I'm sorry to say that many Christians are not sympathetic with their plight. I'm not saying that homosexuality is right, or we should condone same sex relations, but sin is sin and homosexuality is no worse than adultery or lying. There is so much false doctrine out there concerning homosexuality that we need to work extra hard to show love to these sinners so that they can find Jesus, and hopefully peace of mind. Just look at the messageboard on our site and you can see the hatred on both sides. It breaks my heart that the Christians expressing compassion, and understanding, for these sinners are outnumbered by those full of hatred. [​IMG]

Sodom and Gomorrah The Movie

9. kubel

kubel New Member

We are all human. We are all born into sin. We are all born with a sin desire. Homosexuality is a sin desire--- one of many. With the aid of the Holy Spirit and encouragement from fellow saints of God, homosexuality can be overcome. The closer one is with God, the further away he will be from his sin.

We will never irradicate sin. We will never be done with it this side of heaven. That's why Christ died. We need to have a forgiving attitude. Not one that ignores sin, but one that forgives when they ask for forgiveness. We need to help when they ask for help. Each of us has our own sin problem.

Give it to Jesus.

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God says man is responsible. He is responsible for what he does but also for what he thinks.

What a person dwells on in their thought life becomes their attitude. Attitudes dictate actions.

Homosexuality risk increases when a boy doesn't have a strong father. Without trying to oversimplify, perhaps the boy dwells on being rejected by a man who he would like to love and be loved by. Maybe that manifests itself sexually at times since the boy hasn't had anyone to teach him about appropriate loving relationships between men.

I had a cousin who became homosexual. His father was a Baptist preacher. But there was a problem that all of us recognized in their home. Greg was the third boy and third child out of four. His sister was only 13 months younger. Greg didn't share interests in sports, hunting, et al with his dad. He liked music and other "less manly" things. Worse yet, daddy's little girl was the apple of my uncle's eye. She could do no wrong. He could do no right.

To top it all off, Greg was a compulsive liar. He lied when the truth would suit him better. No one was really surprised at all when we found out for certain that he was homosexual.

My wife's niece became an abusive lesbian. We think she is reacting to extreme permissiveness by the man who primarily raised her. She never found the limit where he would tell her "no" and stick by it so she went further and further. She is probably repulsed by the idea of "male love" after never having anyone demonstrate their love by protecting her from herself.

I am not prescribing "the" way people become homosexual. Different experiences are different but many homosexuals had poor or absent fathers. Others may have had other weaknesses that Satan exploited to tempt them and convince them that they couldn't "help the way they were".

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. Are you saying that there is no way people can be born gay?
    </font>[/QUOTE]

You might be able to make a case that people are "born gay" in the same since that some people are born with more of a propensity toward lying, stealing, drug/alcohol abuse, promiscuity, uncontrolled anger, etc.

None of those sins are excused but rather we are commanded to repent of them. Repentance isn't only ceasing to do what is wrong, it is doing what is right... by God's grace and power.

So long as gays maintain that their perverse thoughts and desires are normal while taking the fatalistic, false attitude that it can't be changed... they won't be able to change.

Satan and his minions believe in Jesus... but they don't believe in Jesus- as in placing their faith in Him.

One who truly believes in Jesus will recognize their sinfulness and be willing to repent of their sins without holding anything back.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not homosexual but I am sympathetic with this.

Some sins are extremely difficult to escape. I have found that I have to carefully control my thought life before direct temptations come or I tend to fail. The mind has to be swept clean and filled with righteous thoughts if wicked thoughts are to be kept out.

We are tempted to do because we allow ourselves to think about the gratifications of sin.

13. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's nothing new, really. Some who profess to be Christians and still addicted to drugs have the same struggles. Even those who are addicted to nicotine, and alcohol, have the same struggles.

The fact of the matter is that if they were truly regenerate children of God, then they have a source of strength, and they have the will to depart from such a lifestyle.
    It's just like the addiction to cocaine, or meth, or other drugs, or like the addiction to tobacco, or alcohol.
    They want to be Christians, and still do drugs, or smoke their tobacco, or take their alcohol.
    They want their cake, and they want to eat it too.
    They want Jesus, and they want to stay homos. They don't really want to give up anything.
    The answer is in the Bible. They don't really have to go to psychology books, or to counselling sessions, the Bible says that Jesus will be called 'Counsellor' among others.
    Like I said, they want their lifestyle, and they want to go to heaven.
    They can't have both, you know.

If the doctrine against homosexuality being taught is from the Bible, no plus or minuses, then how can it be a false doctrine ?
    Jesus is not lost. They are. If God has really drawn them to Jesus, and given them new life which is in Christ, if Christ is their life, if Christ is their Savior, then true repentance should not be too far down the road.
    The problem, again, is they want both.
    Forgiveness, and continuing in sin.
    Salvation, and sodomy.

14. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

bhakthi mentioned the "abominable sins." Where in the Bible are these identified? As far as I know every sin is abominable in God's eyes. Any one will give you a sentence to Hell for all eternity if you haven't accepted Christ into your life. Other than blasphemy of the Holy Spirit I don't think the Bible suggests that one sin is any worse than another. Comments?

15. preacher

preacher New Member

I tend to agree with pinoybaptist. Some desires of certain sins might be more difficult to overcome, but they can be overcome with the help of our Lord.I do believe it depends on one's attitude, how serious are you about overcoming____
    whatever it may be. The more satisfying it is to one, beit emotional or physical, I would think the harder it would be to leave behind. Mabey it's the Lot's Wife syndrome, We head in the right direction, but look back.

16. preacher

preacher New Member

Straight...
    read Prov.6

17. Tim

Tim New Member

I'm not saying this is a universal truth, but in my aqauintance with various homosexuals, I have never known of one raised in a well-balanced family. Christian family? Yes, sometimes, but not a well-balanced Christian family.

I think the behavior may spring from early identity problems associated with an unhealthy parent/child relationship.

18. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

If the doctrine against homosexuality being taught is from the Bible, no plus or minuses, then how can it be a false doctrine?

Look at the messageboard for our film and you will see the various verses being used to condone homosexuality, hence false doctrine. There are many, many people who do not really know the truth of the scriptures and are deceived by such false doctrine.

Sodom and Gomorrah Link to Messageboard

Jesus is not lost. They are.

I was not insinuating otherwise. Those who are lost need help in finding God, otherwise we would not have the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20)

19. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Marco, satan believes in Jesus!

20. Marco

Marco Guest

Well, I'm no expert on homosexuals so...I just know a couple of guys who are and I don't treat them with any disrespect. I see how hurt these people are and the last thing anyone should do is kick them down.

I'm a new Christian so I'm sure I say some things people don't like (or make mistakes like the first church I joined). I use to be a Muslim my whole life so I know about judgment. I have seen a gay guy thrown off a cliff for being gay when I lived in Jordan for a year and a half.

Whatever kind of Christian I turn out to be...I won't be one pointing fingers.