1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why is hell so terrible?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 16, 2004.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

BTW, I have noticed that on some of the christian broadcast that I watch they will offer a book to the ones who are new in Christ and have said the prayer of salvation. I am asumming thats its like a sort of answer book as to help a new christian get a good start on good ground. A book like this might have some of the questions/answers that you might have? I don't know it just a thought, because I know you are new to this and you said your haveing a hard time finding a church thats not state run.

The people here on the baptist board might know how you might get one of these "new to salvation" books? (I have no idea what you call em' yall.) [​IMG] Or perhaps a downloadable version of one? I think at one time I seen one book called "I prayed the prayer, now what?"

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Also another thing.....My hubby got me a life application study bible for my birthday this year and it has some wonderful footnotes and comentary about certian passages in the bible. I am a little over halfway of having it read. This has helped me alot and it comes in NIV and KJV.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

As scripture says, by their fruits shall you know them. Your track record on this bb supports my claim. You're welcome to change your tune in future posts and thus prove me wrong. In fact, I genuinely hope you do. I'm not being harsh because I dislike you. I'm being harsh because you're a brother in the Lord, and I'm trying to get through to you. Softer approaches have not appeared to work with you, so I'm left with the harsher tone, hoping that will sink in more.

4. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

@ music4him

I have an answers book from Elmer Towns but I does not contain all my questions. There is no book which could contain them all...

@ John

You think all you gotta do is be a bit harsh and then I change and my problems are gone... wow, this would be really cool if this worked but I doubt it will.I simply have many questions and all that stuff, I cannot help. I wish I wasn't this way but I can't simply stop it.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Hell is only a stepping stone to that which is worse:

Revelation 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Are you sure your name is written in the Book of Life?
    DHK

6. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

do you think an atheist who killed 400 people will be more tormented in hell than an atheist who did not kill anyone?

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I do.

Matthew 11:23-24 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
    24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Though man in his finite man, cannot understand those things that are created by an infinite God, I accept by faith what God teaches in His Holy Word. Christ taught that it would be more tolerable, more bearable, in the day of judgement for the inhabitants of Sodom than it would be for the inhabitants of Capernaum. The Sodomites would receive a lesser punishment in the Lake of Fire.
    How that is possible, I don't quite understand, but Christ declared it to be true.

The reason he gives also. He did many mighty works in Capernaum. He was there in the flesh. Yet for all the miracles, the words that He spoke in their presence, they still did not believe. Unbelief in Christ is the greatest sin one can commit. Perhaps that is why John has been harsh with you. You have demonstrated a heart of unbelief--the greatest sin that man can commit.
    DHK

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You can't do it. As long as you doubt it will not work, you are right. You have been given loads of answers, but you consistantly refuse to hear them saying things like you said above.

You keep trying to define God in human terms and expect Him to act like a man.

It is simply a matter of exercising faith over sight, until you do that and trust what God's Word says you will not have answers.

It is up to you to decide.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, gentleness hasn't worked, so give me another option. If gentleness had worked, I would be gentle. It seems my harshness has made you at least stand up and take notice, something that gentleness has failed to do.

10. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Man I do not doubt on purpose! I thought I had made this clear.....

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You certainly don't doubt on accident. If you're not doubting on accident, then guess what???

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If the Word of God is clear on any given subject, and you know it is. If you doubt that statement, it is not doubt any longer, it is unbelief. That is a terrible sin Jimbo--one for which God will seriously judge.
    DHK

13. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

You certainly don't doubt on accident. If you're not doubting on accident, then guess what??? </font>[/QUOTE]what?
    tell me! what do you want to say?

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

15. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Oh man.....
    I think it's senseless.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

17. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Yes.
    I think a few people here are making it a bit too easy for themselves. You dont even know me and my problems but you already feel like judging me.

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I know your problems because of a private message you sent me a while back. I've 'sent it back' just now so you will see that I remember what you shared.

19. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

But the others dont know it but it doesnt matter.
    I dont want everybody here to know my whole stuff otherwise I could directly have posted it here on the board!!

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I was just reminding you that you had shared with me. I see I have another PM from you but must run out to pick up my after school childcare children which takes an hour. Won't be able to read and answer it right now.

Diane